ALOHA! From Hawaii

HIPA39

FNG
I've been lurking rockslide on and off for a while now and finally decided to sign up and introduce myself. I'm on the Big Island Hawaii and hunt feral sheep, Spanish goats, hogs, and axis deer (when I'm lucky enough to get over to a neighbor island). I'm mainly archery but also don't discriminate taking something from a distance with my rifle.

Some day I'll hopefully get a chance to do a elk/mule deer, or pretty much anything I can't chase here! I have some friends in Oregon, Washington and Colorado, but just haven't been able to take them up on their offers to hunt yet.

Mahalo!
Ian

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Welcome to Rokslide Ian, WE have some other Island folks on here who I think you would love to meet. Funny you wish to hunt on mainland and most of us would love to hunt the Island mountains =-). Welcome to Rokslide. Glad you signed up.

elkduds

WKR
Welcome and thanks for hopping off the Lurker bus! Hope to hear hunting adventures from da big island, are you windward or leeward?

OP
H

HIPA39

FNG
Thanks everyone for the welcoming!
Yeah I'm from the leeward side In Kailua Kona....dry, hot and rocky!

SHTF, It is funny that's how everyone wants what the don't have. Hunting isn't what it used to be around here but I ain't complaining. It's still got plenty of its perks to living out here!!

JNDEER

WKR
Welcome Hipa.

Nothing better than hunting axis in HI, fingers crossed they lift the 14 day quarantine by this summer.

cronsman

WKR
Question for you, are all of those hunts DIY on public land or do you mainly do private land hunts on the islands?