Another Texan here

gpena1911

FNG
Howdy!! Another Texan here. I didn't want to poach on my brother Rojos thread so I decided to make my own. So I am from south Texas, Corpus Christi to be exact. I love to hunt when I get the chance but work has made that extremely difficult the last couple of years. I do love to fish, living 5 minuets from the water is a plus. I have a beautiful wife that I have been married to for 13 years. We have 3 awesome an beautiful kids that I love to spend as much time with as possible. Looking foreword to some great fellowship and learning more about the outdoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
G

gpena1911

FNG
That part of Texas is heaven on earth...

How did you fare from the hurricane?

Actually no damage at all. We were blessed. I have friends and family 30minutes away in Ingleside and Rockport that lost there homes. Corpus was hit or miss. My fathers roof had damage an caved in with the rain a week later. I'm actually in the process of re doing it right now.

Yea, it was crazy to me how easy Corpus got it vs that Rockport area. We were planning a trip to Rockport next September for a fishing/teal hunting trip with family and friends, but I'll be surprised to find many rental houses available.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

gelton

WKR
Welcome. Glad to see you made it through. Both my mom and my mother in law in the Port Arthur/Beaumont area got about a foot of water in their place. Working through it now.

OP
G

gpena1911

FNG
Welcome. Glad to see you made it through. Both my mom and my mother in law in the Port Arthur/Beaumont area got about a foot of water in their place. Working through it now.

So sorry to hear brother. I was in Port Arthur/ Beaumont area for a month helping out our sister shop there. It's a sad deal. One of our guys there lost his entire house along with his family's four vehicles along with his company truck. One of the worst things I saw when living out of the Hotel Elegantè in Beaumont was a 5-6 year old little boy, it started raining good one day and he started freaking out. Yelling, screaming and hyperventilating. He was saying " no, no, mom it's gonna happen again we have to leave we will die" it was so hard to see that.

gelton

WKR
So sorry to hear brother. I was in Port Arthur/ Beaumont area for a month helping out our sister shop there. It's a sad deal. One of our guys there lost his entire house along with his family's four vehicles along with his company truck. One of the worst things I saw when living out of the Hotel Elegantè in Beaumont was a 5-6 year old little boy, it started raining good one day and he started freaking out. Yelling, screaming and hyperventilating. He was saying " no, no, mom it's gonna happen again we have to leave we will die" it was so hard to see that.

Cool man, people like yourself coming out to help and not relying on the guvmint show what it means to be an American. Don't feel sorry for us at all, there are plenty of other people to feel sorry for. Our fam had flood insurance, and as sad as it is to say after Rita and Ike we are used to it. Plenty of others that aren't as fortunate that's for sure. I was lucky enough to migrate to higher ground like 14 years ago:)