Not " New", but gone for a while!!

Hi Folks,
A few on here might have noticed that I have been MIA, maybe not??

My last activity on here was before my bear trip to Kodiak this time last year!!(Hard to believe a year is gone!!)
The trip was interesting, but unsuccessful as far as bears are concerned. The valley that my permit was valid for was basically devoid
of bears, at least in the parts that I was able to cover. The 3 days before opening had been 8 inches of rain, and the river was pretty well washed out of fish, only saw one spawned out silver the whole time. Did a lot of glassing on the slopes, and would have liked to get to one area that would have taken a several day spike camp, but it was just out of my permit area.
I have to say that it was the best deer hunting I have ever seen!! I wish I would have been deer hunting, or had someone with me that wanted to shoot a deer!! They were trying to commit suicide constantly, I think the buggers knew that I wasn't after them!!
I saw what was probably the second biggest blacktail that I have ever seen, ( Biggest was the one that my friend got on South Kodiak, and at the time was #3 B&C)!!
Anyway, it was a fun trip, and I hope to get back to Kodiak some day after a big bear!!

Now to the reason that I have been absent.

Soon after I returned home from the trip, it became apparent that my beautiful, intelligent wife was having memory problems!!! She
does her final Dr 's appointment this Thursday for an official diagnosis I hope,
I am afraid that I already know what it will be!!!

Our lives have changed dramatically.

We sold our house in Ketchikan and have moved back to Fairbanks (our hometown).
Don't really know what the future will bring, lately it is Doctor appointments and trying to settle into a rental house in North Pole,
until we decide on a house to buy, probably next spring.

Bob

Stid2677

WKR
Mr Bob,,

Good to see you back,, sorry to hear about your wife. Prayers my friend, we should have coffee one day since you are in the hood now.

Steve

OP
BRobertson
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the note!!
I very much look forward to getting together for coffee, lunch, dinner, any of the above!!

Bob