New guy from Tennessee

Hello all,

I've been a hunter and fisherman since I could walk. Growing up in west TN I cut my teeth on squirrels and rabbits. As I got older I started hunting deer and eventually turkeys became an option. For the past four or five years the craving to go out of state and pursue the other big game animals North America has to offer began to develop. My initial belief was that it would cost me thousands of dollars to go out west on a hunt, and that is what was preventing me from going. After a lot of research I learned about all the public lands the western states offer and DIY hunts. Finally I decided to pursue that dream and this year made a trip to Colorado to try my hand at an elk hunt. A buddy and me put in for the draw hunts and got lucky. Unfortunately he ended up having surgery and wasn't able to go. I ended up going solo, but the experience was still amazing. I didn't return with any meat, but learned quite a bit, and after being home for three days I have already started planning the next hunt. This is something I definitely want to start doing every year, and after learning I can do it without spending thousands of dollars I am going to make it happen. My buddy introduced me to this site, and there seems like a lot of good knowledge here so here I am.

Justin

RedRidge

WKR
Welcome. You will definitely learn a lot here and become drawn to western hunting. I grew up in East TN for most of my life and still have family there. Welcome from another volunteer.