New from Indiana. Looking for a partner(hunting) and general first timer advice!

Jake C.

FNG
Whats going on guys. Came to the forum looking for Mule Deer advice and trying to find a western hunting partner. Life is starting to settle down for me. Recently got out of the Army now settled into a career at Caterpillar. My wife is back in school right now and we have two little girls. Western hunting is getting ready to top the priority list after this next year and I cant wait. I grew up hunting whitetails here in Indiana, I will always love it but have always longed to hunt out west. I have several buddies that hunt around here, they all like the idea of going out west but are scared to fail and don't want to take the jump that's why ive come here to hopefully find someone to start hunting with out west!! I think they are crazy its all I want to do.
Looking into either Colorado or Idaho. All hunting will be OTC and public land to start out. Figured I would start here for advice and trying to get my bearings about areas to look at, just general information about where and how to find good areas to hunt in. Not looking to steal anyones spot but looking for a jumping off point. Any information and chats in the future on here will be much appreciated. If you just dying to teach a newbie on how to cut their teeth on hunting Mule Deer let me be the one you teach!! Thanks again looking forward to getting involved on here.

Boiler

Lil-Rokslider
As a long time Indiana whitetail hunter and a western hunting fanatic, I say go ahead with the OTC hunts, but start buying points immediately. You'll be glad you did in a few years.

OP
J

Jake C.

FNG
Ya Im starting to look into the whole process for stacking up points in different states. You live anywhere close to Lafayette being a Boiler fan? I live about 30 min east from there in Flora.

OP
J

Jake C.

FNG
As a long time Indiana whitetail hunter and a western hunting fanatic, I say go ahead with the OTC hunts, but start buying points immediately. You'll be glad you did in a few years.

Ya Im starting to look into the whole process for stacking up points in different states. You live anywhere close to Lafayette being a Boiler fan? I live about 30 min east from there in Flora.

Boiler

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Huntington, but I graduated from Purdue, and my brother lives in Frankfort and works in W. Lafayette