Flat lander moving west

Bdog2013

FNG
Hello Rokslide members. There is a strong possibility I will be moving to Grand Junction Colorado next summer and to say that Im excited is an understatement. I knew right away that one of the first things I needed to do was sign up for the forum so I can gain more information on western hunting. Im a die hard bowhunter from North Dakota. I've been lucky enough to get a couple mule deer hunts in the Badlands of North Dakota so Im not going in completely blind but high country mule deer hunting and elk hunting will be an awesome new adventure. Is anybody else on here from the Grand Junction area and if so what should I expect?

dsclowers

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Bdog....you are going to LOVE it in Western Colorado and Grand Junction is a nice town. I live a little over an hour South of GJ in Montrose, an even smaller town. You'll be used to the lack of people since you are from North Dakota but the weather will be much better here plus easy access to the mountains. Did I mention no crowds like the Front Range (Denver & Colorado Springs)? I lived in Denver for 10 years before moving to Montrose and I absolutely love it on this side of the state.

Enjoy!!!
Doug

hello there Bdog,

I live just outside of GJ, moved out west some 30 years back, haven't looked east since! Been here in the GJ area 10 years now and love it. lived other parts of CO. over time, up high. GJ has lots to offer, big enough but not too big. Have a Cabela's and a Sportsmen's and other things for the family. Hunting and not bad fishing, hiking, mountains and desert country. Don't let everyone know about the no crowds and traffic this side, lets keep it this way for a bit.

Me, back country bow or real muzzleloader (flintlock), maybe getting a little older and slower, but still do it. Elk is the game for me here and they are here even on OTC, again, don't let em know! CO. elk hunting sucks ;)

PM me when you are getting close, would like to hook up (my wife hates me going solo) also can point you out with other things to help you settle in.

Bill

svivian

WKR
Junction is a terrible place.... crowded... traffic... no game animals for hundreds of miles.... I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. 😉