Oklahoma FNG checking in

trslabaugh

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 30, err, 31 in a few days...

I have been an avid turkey and coyote hunter for the last 6 or so years. Took up deer hunting a few years ago, some acquaintances say I am not any good because I don't kill many deer... They don't get the mature animal thing. I'd rather pass up younger bucks and eat tag soup.

Anyway, I hunt coyotes with shotgun and rifle. Coyotes in thick stuff with a shotgun is a blast! No pun intended. Been archery hunting for a couple years now, but no arrows have gotten bloody. Will probably try archery turkey this spring, not using a blind.

Recently got super interested in hunting out west after a road trip vacation all through Wyoming, into South Dakota, Montana, and Colorado. I have talked a buddy into going to Wyoming next fall (2018) to do a DIY antelope rifle hunt. We bought one PP each this year, but still plan to do a non special draw. Been looking on GoHunt and am about to add Wyoming to my subscription on Onx maps. Would like to come up this spring and do some shed hunting/camping/scouting.

HUGE gun enthusiast and this "wild hair", but hopefully new adventure has given me an excuse to purchase a lightweight rifle to setup.

I hope to gather a lot of info from you experienced guys and would love to help anyone wanting to venture into OK to do some hunting. We have tons of turkeys!