FNG from Napa

Wahooo03

FNG
Howdy all -

Came across the site a few weeks ago after listening to a podcast and have been completley sucked in. I hunt blacktail in the early fall before harvest and ducks/upland through the winter. Looking forward to my first real backcountry hunt in 2018. Thanks for all of the great gear tests, reviews, and opinions.

Howdy all -

Came across the site a few weeks ago after listening to a podcast and have been completley sucked in. I hunt blacktail in the early fall before harvest and ducks/upland through the winter. Looking forward to my first real backcountry hunt in 2018. Thanks for all of the great gear tests, reviews, and opinions.

Welcome to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DavePwns

WKR
Welcome from modesto, what podcasts do you listen to?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Pro953

WKR
Wahoo welcome from Napa as well. This place is a wealth of info dig in and enjoy.

Look forward to hearing about your backcountry plans for 2018. Staying in CA of were you planning to go out to state. Hell you can put together a nice 3-4 day backpack hunt in Napa County if you wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
W

Wahooo03

FNG
Wahoo welcome from Napa as well. This place is a wealth of info dig in and enjoy.

Look forward to hearing about your backcountry plans for 2018. Staying in CA of were you planning to go out to state. Hell you can put together a nice 3-4 day backpack hunt in Napa County if you wanted to.

Not sure where in Napa county you can do that, but would love to hear about it. I typically hunt north of Calistoga but am planning on Mendo or Tahoe National Forests in '18. Super bummed the R&P club burned in the fire, not sure if you're a member as well.

Pro953

WKR
Guess it just depends on what you are looking for in a backcountry hunt. Not super remote but you can find some Interesting pockets around here.

I did hunter ed at the club but never became a member. I have been a member of the archery club at skyline on and off. Happy to grab a beer and swap local info when time allows. Shoot me a PM if you like.

boom

WKR
hey there, from Santa Rosa!!

there are some awesome backcountry hunts in CA. crushing hikes, beautiful country.

we should talk.