FNG from Forest co. Pennsylvania

Diesel

WKR
Howdy all.

Been lurky here for a couple of weeks checking you guys out, and I like the crowd. Lots of good stuff and not the drama elsewhere.

I am a lifelong hunter ( 65 yrs old ) and am always looking to learn a new trick. I have hunted Oregon, Idaho, Colorado and of course Pennsylvania. Always self hunts with cobbled together gear.

I don't post much and subscribe to the " It's better to keep your mouth shut and have folks wonder if you are stupid than open it and remove all doubt" principle. I will post if I can contribute with solid, experienced info.

Thanks for having me.

Oh, I see there are some guys from NW Pa. here already so I feel at home.

Welcome Diesel. I've hunted in Cameron Co. a bunch at a friends cabin but that is as far west in Pa as I have hunted. I'm in Schuylkill County. I'm a new guy myself on here. A wealth of very good info.

Woody

OP
D

Diesel

WKR
I live in the heart of the Allegany National Forest near Hickory Creek Wilderness. The mountains here are not as steep as a little further east like Driftwod area, elk country. Been pretty chilly here for a couple of weeks, pipes freezing and such.

One more week of Flintlock and then some bobcat hunting and we are done till next fall. Always hate the dead part of February.

Picked up this site and am addicted already. Wish I would have found it earlier. Lotta tips and info here.

I guess you can teach an old dog a new trick.

Nick

Tartan

WKR
Welcome!

Grew up hunting in forest co a few miles east of tionesta. Still go back for opening day when I can.

7mmremmag

Lil-Rokslider
7mm,

Doing any flintlock hunting? Today (Monday) and tomorrow should be the days. Nice snow coming down now.

It's been nice. I have been out with my bow. I have two deer (One NY buck and a PA doe) in the freezer already so I am being picky on PA bucks.