FNG From Tucson

BlackFlag

FNG
Hey guys!
I came across this site this morning while researching archery hunting. I'm actually planning on heading to my local pro shop to check out, and hopefully purchase, a hunting set up. I have zero experience with archery or hunting, but I've been itching to learn for years now. I found out I have a son on the way this year, so I hope to learn and experience as much as possible so I have the opportunity to pass what I learn down to him. I thank you guys in advance for the help and guidance you'll be providing the both of us.

Regards,

BF

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome black flag. Congratulations on the news of a new baby. Archery hunting is very addictive. Keep us posted what you go with.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
B

BlackFlag

FNG
At the pro shop now. They're setting up a Hoyt for me now! I'm super stoked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

BlackFlag

FNG
Thanks everyone! I ended up with a Hoyt Pro Defiant Turbo, 28.5 draw @ 70lbs. I got a 5 pin Spot Hogg for a sighting system, though I didn't get a drop away rest. The guy that was working with me told me to by a Whisker Biscuit until I figure everything out. Truth is, I really don't know what all I bought. But minus a stabilizer, I left there ready to shoot, with a broad head compatible target, for $500 under budget.