Fng: Il->mn/nd

FNG living in a IL for a few more months before move to the Fargo ND area. Not sure yet which side of the river I'll land on. I'm a novice hunting - started two years ago at 31 with shotgun deer and squirrel. Shot my first deer last year and took up the bow this year. Just made tag soup last Sunday but excited for next year already.

I have zero Western experience hunting or camping but plan to change both in 2019 with an early season CO elk hunt. I'll be going with a couple guys who have done it before and have my gear list optimized for cost to allow me to just squeak by having funds and gear together by then. I'm training with this super sweet Coleman frame pack now so that when I put the Alps bag on the MOLLE II gen IV frame it feels like a dream. Upgrades will come but the primary mission is making sure I can afford to go on the trip in 2019. If that means suffering a little to get there so be it.

Good hunting everybody.

Ben

437a66838fee1503a694bd2d9ec4b07c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Ben. You have the right approach getting out there is more important than obtaining any piece of gear. I will tell you from personal experience using a shitty component for awhile truly makes you smile when you finally get an upgrade. Good luck this season

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk