First Time Hunter at age 26

Born and raised in Northern Colorado, I have been exploring the backwoods of my home state for my entire life but I have only recently become interested in hunting. I've been splashing through high mountain streams with fly rod in hand in search of trout since I was a wee lad but didn't grow up with any hunters in my family so chasing wild game was outside of my immediate experience.

A close friend since middle school has been my sole guide into the world of hunting but will be moving out of state for his residency at a hospital so I will be pursuing elk and mule deer this fall for the first time largely on my own or in the company of a few other first time hunters.

I'm diving head first into this research opportunity and finding untold depths of knowledge and possibilities. I'm glad I found the Rokslide community to help with this somewhat overwhelming endeavor!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Well we are glad to have you among us ( hunters). Trout fishing isn't that far from hunting really, spooky fish, know where they live, know what they eat and when, it all relates. Lots of good people here that will give you good advice. The best advice I can give you is to get out there, you will make mistakes but that's how you learn. Good luck !

For reference I have hunted since I was a kid but i'll be 52 when I step into the elk woods for the first time so it's never too late

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome you lucky to live in a state with abundant opportunity to hunt. Do it as much and as often as you can and you'll soon find you've beat the learning curve and find success.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
gearguy970
Thanks guys! I just sent in my application for elk and mulies after getting back from a very solid scouting trip. I'm eating and breathing hunting these days and getting very excited

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk