FNG Utah

Jayden

FNG
Hey guys I am new to Rockslide. I have been reading some of the threads on here and I like what I see. I have been hunting with a bow since I was 14 and unfortunately have never been successful in notching a tag. My current bow set up is a Mathews No cam with a QAD arrow rest and a black gold 5 pin micro adjust sight. My draw length is 28" and my bow is set to 70lbs. I'm wondering if I should shoot a fixed blade broad head or a mechanical broad head. I am currently shooting gold tip hunter xt's with a 100 grain field tip. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Welcome. Where in Utah are You?
Both fixed and mech will do the job in your setup as long as the bow is tuned. I've had success with both the slick tricks and NAP killzone mechs but there are lots of good options out there

OP
J

Jayden

FNG
I used to hunt the Blue Mountains down south when I lived in blanding but I am currently in Payson. I hope to be hunting the central mtns Nebo unit this year.

NYSKIER

WKR
Welcome! Your broadhead question is going to get a variety of responses! I myself have shot both mechanical and fixed and will say that above all shot placement is key either should work for you. If you are worried about penetration maybe move up to a 125 grain BH or add an insert