Oregon cascades newbie

milksteak

FNG
Hi guys, I grew up hunting whitetail in upstate New York and Florida/Georgia. Moved out here to Oregon a few years ago after I got out of the Army. Got sick of Portland and now I'm living on a Forest Service compound where I work out in the Mt Hood National Forest. Learning to bowhunt blacktails in these thick woods as well as black bear and any other species you can get a tag for. I heard about this forum from a guy I know after complaining about having trouble finding hunting buddies. So I'm on here trying to meet up with some other hunters. I'll hunt anything and anywhere but I'm really jazzed up about backpack hunting and I'm also pretty interested in NE Oregon. I'm not the most experienced Western hunter but I don't talk a lot and am in good shape. Anyone looking for a human pack mule or an able body on any hunts or adventures in Oregon hit me up.

OP
M

milksteak

FNG
Welcome.
The thick west side is humbling to hunt, but rewarding.

Best pitch ever to get a hunting buddy:
...but I don't talk a lot...

Extremely humbling, last year was my first real year hunting out here and after the season I realized not only did I pretty much waste $350 on some slick Vortex optics but I that I was never really even hunting, just hiking around with a rifle. Doing my homework this year with trail cams though, bino's are pretty much useless out here. You'd have to be a wizard to spot and stalk these woods. Plenty of deer though