Need some direction

What's going on folks?! I'm not really new to the forum but figured I'd say hey!
Anyhow, I drew a NM archery Sept/Jan coues tag as 4th choice off the Burros in 23. Never hunted coues whitetail (or easterns for that matter) and never set foot in 23. I'm skipping the Sept portion of the hunt as it's the beginning of my fall semester (senior at UNM ) and I drew a 13 second archery elk tag and would much rather focus on that tag in Sept. I remember coues used to have their own forum under hunting but I'm not seeing it now...
I've really set my expectations low for my first coues hunt, but would like to see some for the first time at the very least. Is the northern portion of the unit worth a look? Or should I stick around the checkerboard surrounding the Burros? I'll scout the whole unit if I have to but on a college budget after a prime elk hunt lol who am I kidding, I'll take all the help I can get, TIA ladies and gentlemen.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jake congratulations on drawing enough tags to have busy fall. Wish I could help but new mexico has never refused to draw me a tag there yet. hopefully someone can help you out

OP
jakemadison13
Thanks realunlucky, I hope I find someone to get info from. I have found a couple folks that drew the tag, but It is always stressful going with friends of friends to their "best" spots. We will see how it goes.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk