Newbie @ 56

Firehole Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Been lurking for a while and made a couple of comments so thought I'd better introduce myself.

I live in Georgia, originally from the Mountain State and went on a guided elk trip last year. It was my first effort at elk hunting and was severely bit by the bug. Although it wasn't success by any means I don't want to bash anyone, but afterwards I figured that I could go DIY even at my age. I'll hopefully let you know how smart that was after the 1st rifle season in Colorado this year. Got tents and all of the other necessary trappings to DIY and am constantly looking for new info. or videos. Although I been out West numerous times and even lived in Keystone, Colorado when in college, I have never hunted out West until last year. Having hunted everything in WV & Ga. but Bears, Hogs and Gators, I have always longed for elk. I even bought bows and guns with the goal of using them for elk if I got the chance. Finally, I decided that I wasn't getting any younger and decided after spending a bundle I could go elk hunting on my own. Really wish that I had tried this about 30 years earlier. Right now I am just looking to get some bigger horns on the walls around the house. I will try to keep you posted.