First Season Hunting Big Game

Tleek

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys,
I am a new hunter living in Far Northern CA and this will be my first season hunting big game. Took my first squirrel last year and will be hunting black tail in California’s B-zone. Hoping to hunt the Trinity Alps or Marble Mountais wilderness areas as well as some other national forest spots

I’ve hung around Rokslide a bit and have learned a lot and saw some cool stuff so decided to make an account.

just wanted to introduce myself.

Tleek

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys,
I am a new hunter living in Far Northern CA and this will be my first season hunting big game. Took my first squirrel last year and will be hunting black tail in California’s B-zone. Hoping to hunt the Trinity Alps or Marble Mountais wilderness areas as well as some other national forest spots

I’ve hung around Rokslide a bit and have learned a lot and saw some cool stuff so decided to make an account.

just wanted to introduce myself.

Tleek
Welcome sounds like a great first plan. Maybe a moderator can move this to the FNG section which is the forum for introductions.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Tleek

Tleek

Lil-Rokslider
I’m starting solo. I try to pick as many brains as I can find but don’t have any experienced friends or family members to hunt with. I am pretty comfortable in the woods but it is a little intimidating getting started alone. Any advice is appreciated!

Copen1822

Lil-Rokslider
I’m starting solo. I try to pick as many brains as I can find but don’t have any experienced friends or family members to hunt with. I am pretty comfortable in the woods but it is a little intimidating getting started alone. Any advice is appreciated!
Yeah, that would be tough. I don't know anything about hunting in CA but in general just read everything you can and don't put pressure on yourself. Just hunt in whatever way you enjoy yourself the most and try not to make the same mistakes twice.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BCSteel

FNG
I'm in my late 30's and started hunting last year. A couple things that helped me: get out earlier and stay out later in the day to see more animals. I see more animals in the first and last 1.5 hours of light than the rest of the hours combined. #2 and the most important, don't put too much pressure on yourself to make a kill. C) it's not nearly as daunting as you think. It's basically hiking/camping with a gun. That's it. If you're already comfortable in the outdoors it's an easy step to be a hunter.

Good luck and have fun!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk