Labor Day Combo Hunt

I don't plan to take a trip out unless we have two or three animals down. We shouldn't have a problem taking out a bear or a deer per person.

Copy that. Guess that makes sense. Shouldn't have a problem keeping the meat cool weather looks pretty decent.

Mike

So jealous right now. Those guys are probably eating a bear while watching that buck feed.

I'm back as well. Already gave DirtyTough the story.

Longest stalk of my life ended up 63 yards (I thought it was 68) from a good 170 type buck and his buddies. Flung an arrow at one of the smaller bucks as the situation got rushed and it was 'now or never'. 63 yards and uphill slightly makes a difference when you think you're at 68 yards! :) flew right over his back. Turns out big buck was bedded 5 feet from said smaller buck and that's the last I saw of them! Converting video now for ya'll...

Mike

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Almost same story as Hells canyon. Stalked across the basin and got with 65yrds (ranged) uphill from him. Buck moved and what I thought was a yrd or two. I shot for 65 yrds and watched the arrow hit the willows right below his vitals. Walked down there after he blew out and ranged from where I shoot.....70 yards. Almost threw my bow off the mountain I was so mad.

Well deer is over for me now. Off to hunt elk with Aron.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting what this camo attracts..........

attachment.php

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. Great looking buck.... Are you going back for him?

I'm contemplating it... honestly don't think he'll be huntable after yesterday but I'll probably give it a shot this weekend. Not sure, there's another unit I checked out that has some pretty good potential though too..

Mike

littlebuf

Banned
What a incredible weekend. Just dropped my girls off for there first day of school. Turn and burn now for elk season. I'll post a story when I can

7mag.

WKR
You went too Brock? I wish you guys would stop playing hard to get. Although, I should expect this from Trevor.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
You went too Brock? I wish you guys would stop playing hard to get. Although, I should expect this from Trevor.

I did. Action packed for sure. I think Justin is going to do a little write up tonight.

I'll try to sustain you guys with some crappy videos... :)

Fast forward to about 3 minutes for the better footage of this video:
[video=youtube;-K81dJWPtM4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K81dJWPtM4[/video]

Mike