Labor Day Combo Hunt

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
ive got a surprise for breakfast Saturday to go with that fancy coffee too. looks like were going to be roughing it again Justin

This was an awesome breakfast!

attachment.php

Last edited:
OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
A few pics from our trip. Didn't get any shots but we had a great time in the backcountry!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Same to you Shane!

It was pretty stormy Friday night but good all day Saturday. About 4 a.m. this morning it turned to absolute crap.

7mag.

WKR
Thanks for the pics Justin. Your shelter looks a little less cozy than I would prefer for that weather. I got chased out a day early because the trail was so steep and unmaintained, I was worried with too much rain, it become too slick and impassable. If you don't mind me asking, how high were you guys?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the pics Justin. Your shelter looks a little less cozy than I would prefer for that weather. I got chased out a day early because the trail was so steep and unmaintained, I was worried with too much rain, it become too slick and impassable. If you don't mind me asking, how high were you guys?

I was actually warm and dry. I was really happy with my setup this weekend. I am planning on adding the beak though so I have more room for my gear under there.

I'll send you a pm with the elevation info.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bringing this thread back to life...

Lots of new people to the forum since our hunt in 2013...Littlebuf will not be with us on this hunt unfortunately.

After a few years of Justin and I not being able to hunt together on Labor Day due to draw tags, we are heading back in! I am taking my bow and I have a deer and bear tag. Justin is bringing his rifle and he has a bear tag. Rob and Casey are coming along with bear tags as well!

Should be a good time, follow along for some good stories and heavy packs!

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Photobucket bringing the suck back too. Good luck fellas, can't wait to see the pics and read the stories.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Photobucket bringing the suck back too. Good luck fellas, can't wait to see the pics and read the stories.
Yeah I just realized that. We had some damn good pictures from that hunt.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I went through and reloaded most the photos so this thread could be brought back to life. Photobucket sucks!

Like Brock said, we have a great trip planned for this Labor Day weekend and hope to come home with some great memories and maybe some meat for the freezer.

I've been doing a little hiking so I'm not totally out of shape as I head up the hill.

a6d37321a4a67ca51d90ab0a5bddf435.jpg

Food prep is currently under way as well.

3ccee34ff5edad01b2dbdca28408ea88.jpg

As always, we'll be testing out some great gear on this hunt so stay tuned for that!

b55ae5e797257c21d43ed13af7ee1971.jpg

57a4c038c76268b7c725e1c3aa54fc41.jpg

524cec749bd84bfd8441af37088f9fc0.jpg

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have spent an absurd amount of time with my bow this year. Shooting every morning before work...ect.

My bow is dialed better than it has ever been. I have a lot of confidence going into this hunt.

Here is 2 broadheads and 2 fieldpoints at 70 yards. I am shooting strictly broadheads now...

casey58

FNG
Well since I'm included in this thread I guess now is as good of a time as ever to make my first post. It should be a great weekend and I hope to have a few pictures and stories to add when we get back.

targetpanic

Lil-Rokslider
I have spent an absurd amount of time with my bow this year. Shooting every morning before work...ect.

My bow is dialed better than it has ever been. I have a lot of confidence going into this hunt.

Here is 2 broadheads and 2 fieldpoints at 70 yards. I am shooting strictly broadheads now...

I remember seeing that target on AT and they had a booth in Vegas this year. I didn't think that target ever made it to market???

Randle

WKR
Justin, is that an EXO pack in the picture with your son? Looks like you have it adjusted low, in day hunt mode. I have been trying mine that way then adjust it up when hauling loads . Is that what you are doing?