Labor Day Combo Hunt

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remember seeing that target on AT and they had a booth in Vegas this year. I didn't think that target ever made it to market???

Yeah they have been for awhile now. I love it. Reliable and durable. It has probably 300 broadheads so far on the center hex. Still pluggin' away without issue

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Justin, is that an EXO pack in the picture with your son? Looks like you have it adjusted low, in day hunt mode. I have been trying mine that way then adjust it up when hauling loads . Is that what you are doing?
Yeah, I barely had the belt snugged up there. Just had lunch and some camera gear in there.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Deciding which digiscoping setup to bring.

06600437d31a60be7365593424c3450c.jpg

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I went and did a little scouting this last weekend to where we are going... 16 bucks and 1 bear.

36754558911_fdecc93ce4_z.jpg

36754561671_b43ed88f5e_z.jpg

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was able to notch my tag on a buck yesterday. Hiked him to the truck this morning. I'm home now. Justin and Casey have seen several bears. I'm sure they will connect

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here are few pictures. Justin will have lots more when he gets home.

Top 2 bucks I was after. The buck I killed is the lower one.

After I stalked on top of him, I was able to shoot him from above. He ran about 100 yards and bedded up. He died in that bed shortly after.

I got him cut up and packed back to camp solo. I hung him over a cool creek for the night. Meat was nice and chilled the next AM

Cool shot my camp

It was an awesome hunt and I am absolutely smoked. I packed him out solo yesterday. I weighed my pack when I got home. 103 lbs for just a tad over 10 miles.

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
Here are few pictures. Justin will have lots more when he gets home.

Top 2 bucks I was after. The buck I killed is the lower one.

After I stalked on top of him, I was able to shoot him from above. He ran about 100 yards and bedded up. He died in that bed shortly after.

I got him cut up and packed back to camp solo. I hung him over a cool creek for the night. Meat was nice and chilled the next AM

Cool shot my camp

It was an awesome hunt and I am absolutely smoked. I packed him out solo yesterday. I weighed my pack when I got home. 103 lbs for just a tad over 10 miles.
We're you affected by the smoke at all?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Brock killed it this weekend. The spot where that buck lived is not an easy place to get to or more importantly get within bow range.

attachment.php

Casey and I saw a few bears but just couldn't make it happen. We had a pretty nice one feeding at about 730 yds on the 2nd day and somehow I managed to miss. I haven't had a chance to double check my rifle since I got home but I'm pretty sure I just screwed up. Pretty frustrating since we had plenty of time to check and double check range, double check the dope, and get a very comfortable prone position.

Not the best picture but this is the bear I missed.

attachment.php

Our shooting position.

attachment.php

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
On the hike in.

attachment.php

Brock and Casey at camp.

attachment.php

The good old SL5.

attachment.php

Great water source not far from our camp.

attachment.php

Another smaller bear we saw.

attachment.php