Labor Day Combo Hunt

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it was time to just start a thread for this hunt. We won't be able to do a live hunt because of cell service but it will give us a place to post our pics and stories.

Littlebuf, Brock A and myself will be leaving Thursday night for our bear and archery mule deer hunt.

We will be bear hunting the first couple days and then chasing mule deer on Sunday and Monday.

Dirtytough hiked through the area last week and sent me this pic of one of the bucks we will be chasing.

Mac-D

attachment.php

Last edited:

littlebuf

Banned
I take it you got Friday off. sweet!! I did my first pack then unpack my bag thing last night, tick tock

littlebuf

Banned
I think we will be able to do a live elk hunt the following week though. I get great service up there

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am working 4 10's this week so I can take Friday off. It'll be nice to avoid the labor day traffic. This should be a good hunt!

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I take it you got Friday off. sweet!! I did my first pack then unpack my bag thing last night, tick tock

Yeah I took Friday off.

I still have 70 lbs. of dog food and some other crap in my pack right now for training. You know me, I'll be packing it at the trailhead like always.

littlebuf

Banned
Yeah I took Friday off.

I still have 70 lbs. of dog food and some other crap in my pack right now for training. You know me, I'll be packing it at the trailhead like always.

LOL, I know it. I can always count on a little extra time for stretching my legs at the trail head with you packing

littlebuf

Banned
That's a stud WA buck! Hope you can connect with him!

im gunna see if I cant just catch him and ride him most of the way back to the truck before I kill him. will be way easier than packing that damn thing

Can't wait to get reports from everyone on tuesday! I'll be heading in friday afternoon myself and hunting Sunday/Monday/Tuesday morning if necessary. Just got a few more groceries to get then it's go time!

If you guys get bears down on friday/saturday are you coming out then going back in or whats your plan?

Mike

littlebuf

Banned
Can't wait to get reports from everyone on tuesday! I'll be heading in friday afternoon myself and hunting Sunday/Monday/Tuesday morning if necessary. Just got a few more groceries to get then it's go time!

If you guys get bears down on friday/saturday are you coming out then going back in or whats your plan?

Mike

im thinking just do the back country cooler thing. its a long walk. then again if we drop one first thing Friday or maybe even Saturday morning it could be an option. it would allow us to try and fill another tag. we'll see how it goes. im not sure how much weight a mule deer can pack and 250 with out my gear. hate to hurt him to bad before I kill him

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member

Mike

I don't plan to take a trip out unless we have two or three animals down. We shouldn't have a problem taking out a bear or a deer per person.