2016 SLDMTN Alaska Hunting Season

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great thread and thanks for sharing all your pics. Congrats on the bear - what a ripper. The pics of those prawns are brilliant.

Thanks man! I really enjoy your posts as well. It's cool to see that part of the world.

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
IMAG0821.jpg

Cool shot from the game camera.

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great stuff, really enjoyed the ride here.
Kyle, that swaro should see some incredible country!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! I'm headed out in less than two weeks for sheep. We're going in early since it'll take a couple days to get to the animals. My brother in law picked up a couple PR49's that are going for the ride as well. We're planning on hiking in and floating out. Should be an adventure.

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
FullSizeRender_2.jpg

This little girl stopped by to make sure we were on track. It made the night even more enjoyable.

Last edited:
OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great bull looks like an awesome spot.

Thanks, it was a fun hunt. Took a younger guy from Pennsylvania with me who had never hunted anything but whitetails. I brought a pack frame for him and changed that real quick haha.

Cool tops on him

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yep, I really like his tops. If his shovels were filled in better and his back points were bigger he woulda been pretty respectable. The herd is still further north than the area I was hunting and I'm non discriminatory haha. Either way my freezer is sitting pretty for the moment.

More updates to come when the seasons have ended and I have more time. For now, lunch breaks are only so long....

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man SLDMTN, you are on a roll.Keep up the streak. Enjoying your pics,videos and stories.

Glad you're enjoying the stories. Unfortunately I don't have a good sheep tale to tell. Sheep hunting has been very humbling for me over the years and that continued this year in particular. I knew where a big ram was and I couldn't get to it. One of these days I'll get it figured out. We hunted hard and ultimately came up short on time for the area we were in.

There's a chance I'll have a few more for this year though, just maybe :D

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member

Busy busy busy. Three more caribou hanging in my shop to process. I didn't pull the hook on any of them but I'm happy to help process and fill freezers for people who need the meat.