WA Deer

Clarktar

WKR
The wife and I are heading up into the Alpine to hunt blacktail. We leave tomorrow morning. 5 days of camping and hunting. Weather looks to be warm during the day and down into the 30's at night. Clear, no rain.

We scouted up there, and I had some service, so we are going to try and make this a "Live" hunt.

Will be running some 9x45 Maven B2s on a tripod for the first time. Will also have the 6.5-06AI and her 280 Remington.

My pack weight is at 44 lbs without the my rifle (9lbs). This includes spare change of clothes, spare socks, down pants, down jackets (1 small "sweater" style, 1 aquilo), camp shoes, cimarron, two dromedary bags, kill kit with extra mora knife and TAG bags, spare batteries, Anker charger, 50ft. paracord, 6x9 tarp, two construction trash bags, Lunch, dinner, and breakfast for two people for 5 days. Bullets, and range finder, rear bag, kestrel, possibles pouch, water filter and a katadyn camp bag. A bag of random energy chews, electrolyte powder, etc. 15 degree sleeping bag, and sleeping pad.Might be some other random shit I am missing.

We used to have a really nice 0 degree double quilt from Enlightened equipment. Yea, used to, it has been lost! We have looked everywhere. There goes 700.00 bucks.

Dinners: Random dehydrated stuff (MTN house, AIre, etc.)
Lunches: Bar, Trail Mix, Butthole Sandy, Fruit leather
Breaky: Waffle, Coffee, Oatmeal

Cant wait!

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Thanks Cummins. Odd coincidence but I have some seat covers (just for the bottom of the seat, not the back rest) that fit the 2nd gen dodges. They are from Headwaters in MT and are in Kryptek Typhoon. They cover the drivers seat, passenger seat and the middle seat. Let me know if they would work for ya.

jtw

WKR
I'm going in thursday evening for three days of high muzzy. Good luck and depending on which area you're going, maybe see ya out there.

cumminsbassguy

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Cummins. Odd coincidence but I have some seat covers (just for the bottom of the seat, not the back rest) that fit the 2nd gen dodges. They are from Headwaters in MT and are in Kryptek Typhoon. They cover the drivers seat, passenger seat and the middle seat. Let me know if they would work for ya.
holy crap. haha I drive a 97 2nd gen. they would work great. ill shoot you a pm. im anxious for your results now

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
I'm going in thursday evening for three days of high muzzy. Good luck and depending on which area you're going, maybe see ya out there.
You in the Olympics? That is where we are headed. Modern rifle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Wife's pack 25 lbs without her rifle. Should be around 33 with rifle. Just waiting for the little girl to wake up so we can say bye and get her off to grannys

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
On location. 6000 ft. Camp is setup. Just need to get more water and glass things up this evening. One other party of two. They are working basins to the east which I hoped to check out. Will stay out of them for now.

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
7375230103ff10eda8567a23e7d9969a.jpg

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Lots of miles. Bad service when I had time to post...

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
First morning of glassing, couple does. My wife took off into the tree line to poop, and right when she was squatting a voice came out from below and behind a tree, Hope you ain't shitting there.

It was a friend of ares. How random. He was bivouaced on a steep slope in a deer bed.

Next day all of us were hunting the same high drainage and meadows. 1 legal buck at first Lite, then he ran down valley into the thick nasty. We elected to stay high and hope to catch him or another buck in the open considering we had 3 more full days

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
43a6c08767d829fa9f17523bba2a3e38.jpg

Glass spot. Not nearly as exposed as it looks.

4234f53fda608c0c8f3d6d7398dbed87.jpg

Had a great water source, only 1.5 miles away and maybe 500 ft. Elevation change

Here is Kim packing aqua fresca

3f2d06920c9bf0e813b638f129616a2b.jpg

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
On the first evening we did see a rag horn elk..

02cd3d2e8ad1b6e6231eb8dc415f3769.jpg