Rokslide-Avery Adventures-Mtn Ops-Kifaru-Gritty Bowman semi-live Elk hunt.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just got a call from Ryan. Brian, the gritty bowmen got himself a wolf with his bow tonight! More to come.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
Triple screwed with the new kuiu thread and now Mr. Gritty skewers a wolf! Holy chit. Can't wait to hear this one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Haha, were you the one doing the Eastmans circulation count ;) I'm sure he has video and between him and Aron they have some of the best videos.

Looking forward to seeing the video. I'll be following along. Maybe Team Avery/Snyder/Gritty will run with the prize idea as well. I checked out Clarktar's live hunt and looks like somebody's already got some Kryptek gen 2 Dodge seat covers coming!

Hoping you all have a safe, great hunt. And entertaining...for those of us following along.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Getting a wolf with a rifle is hard enough---can't even imagine a bow kill. I can hardly wait till the story and photos.
And for Clarktar---I'm following ya--no worries.

Randy

mrgreen

WKR
I just got a call from Ryan. Brian, the gritty bowmen got himself a wolf with his bow tonight! More to come.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Awesome! Way to show Grit!

I hope this doesn't get too much blowback on Insta/Bookface.

Steve

subscribed - this is getting good. I am still laughing over Aron calling Joel Turner, Joel Olstein on the last podcast...I laughed 10 minutes non-stop.

Longstride12

Lil-Rokslider
I love these live hunts! Makes sitting in an office at least bearable this time of year. Git R Dun everyone and good luck!

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry no footies but...

30a8a4b4a0522dd50c1253686860eba4.jpg

Lol! That is HILARIOUS!!! and HOT! MEOW!!;)

Last edited:
OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
5058eab54f2eda91e4e7ca7d338e72f7.jpg

A sneak peak of some of the 'outtake' pics
I only could stay for the weekend, and hopefully be going back up, but I had to post one of these pics real quick. There were some awesome moments, and I'm excited there will be more action this week. Brian's wolf was freaking amazing more to come later!

Last edited:
OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
ba1a6c27c528a826d5a087a5736927ab.jpg

Trying to get a pic with all of us was like herding kittens. We couldn't get our act together, or stop laughing!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Here is a real quick update.

On Saturday afternoon Casey and I called in a little 6 point with five cows. It happened fast, and we had to run to cut them off on a logging road. Casey missed the bull with a 31-yard shot.

Aron and Brian hiked into a North Idaho hell hole, Aron called in a 5x6 to 20 yards, Brian Couldn't get a shot. The bull spooked out to what Brian thought was 60 yards but ended up being 50 yards and shot over the bull.

Yesterday Casey, Tanya and I, called in a TANK of a bull and couldn't close the deal, as with lots of set ups the wind killed us.

Aron set up in a treestand yesterday. Several cows came in, but the heard bull stayed high on the mountain and would not come down to play.

Brian took his wolf town. The Taxidermist thought the female was two years old and 70 pounds. She has a beautiful grey coat with black tips. Brain said all were the same color except for what he thought was the Alpha, that wolf was black. Always buy your predator tags because you just never know! We have seen lots of elk the last few days but this morning, wolfs were howling in two different drainages above us.

Last edited:
OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Nobody tells me crap. I gotta find out on Rokslide what Averys up to like everyone else. No wonder FW not answering phone. Have fun. I'll be babysitting Rokslide.;/

He tried calling you. Don't get your feelers hurt ROBO and Dr. Horsepower.