530493b9c3efc49d6d152542427250b7.jpg

Ahhhhhh.....a big huggable kitty!

Good job.

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I'm late to the party! Great job Tanya. You've become quite the killer.

How could I not be when I am learning from the great FUZZY WUZZY, SpongeROB and 'THE BROZ'???. I am SO Lucky (Yes, there is a story behind this, stay tuned for the 'Avery Adventures podcast'!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
a16292ae518427d77dd26727f8cee16b.jpg

He lives in a pineapple under the sea...SpongeROB Squarepants

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
A few pics of my mountain lion
5ff8737945c9004bf2b03bd41b5bc3ff.png
12661d4f2ed95b65dc6c6a1d87bd44cd.png

Broz

WKR
One of the things I would like to reflect on about this hunt is. If you have ever been under a tree with a cat in it, right before the shot. As you hold your beloved dogs you have trained for endless hours, ready to release as the cat hits the ground, you very well know the importance of a well placed shot. Or the reign of what could happen with a poorly placed shot and the risks that come with them. Wounded cats on the ground are no fun. Trust me I know. I stood behind Tanya and described to the inch of where I wanted her to place the 140 Berger VLD from the Christensen Arms Summit Ti in 6.5 CM. In the midst of a ton of excitement, full cry baying hounds, snow falling, cold temps, out of breath from the hike in, and only a small shaky rest off the side of a 7' pine tree. Yet Tanya remained calm, took her time, listened and communicated back to me the exact spot. " Right behind the shoulder, just to the right of the crease, just over the top of that tiny little branch" When I field dressed this cat his heart was literally blown in half. This impressed me. Thank you and congrats Tanya on a job well done. It all came down to the break of a trigger, and you girl were top of your game all the way.

IMG_20161205_111802993.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
One of the things I would like to reflect on about this hunt is. If you have ever been under a tree with a cat in it, right before the shot. As you hold your beloved dogs you have trained for endless hours, ready to release as the cat hits the ground, you very well know the importance of a well placed shot. Or the reign of what could happen with a poorly placed shot and the risks that come with them. Wounded cats on the ground are no fun. Trust me I know. I stood behind Tanya and described to the inch of where I wanted her to place the 140 Berger VLD from the Christensen Arms Summit Ti in 6.5 CM. In the midst of a ton of excitement, full cry baying hounds, snow falling, cold temps, out of breath from the hike in, and only a small shaky rest off the side of a 7' pine tree. Yet Tanya remained calm, took her time, listened and communicated back to me the exact spot. " Right behind the shoulder, just to the right of the crease, just over the top of that tiny little branch" When I field dressed this cat his heart was literally blown in half. This impressed me. Thank you and congrats Tanya on a job well done. It all came down to the break of a trigger, and you girl were top of your game all the way.

View attachment 43760

Wow. What a great compliment coming from such an accomplished hunter and shooter. I also have to give you mad props for your calmness when instructing me. I was amped up, shaking and so nervous a poorly placed shot could result in wounding or killing one of these amazing dogs, that did there job to get me to that point. I am also so amazed in the blind faith Toby, Tanya and Cody placed I me to make the necessary shot to keep their dogs from a potential dangerous attack from a wounded animal. I know that I will never be able to thank everyone enough whom took part in this hunt, because every single person was integral in the success of my hunt. I know it sounds so cliché, but I truly feel so blessed to know all of you! Ryan and I have spoken many time (especially lately!) about the fact that we have met so many amazing people, we now call friends since he started started Rokslide. Hunters truly are the best kind of people!