Slim's solo AZ adventure! (Live hunt)

Olson

Lil-Rokslider
Good portions of the state are getting hit with high winds, rain, snow. This system looks to be leaving by tomorrow, at least according to the weather channel at this point.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
It's been raining the whole drive. Should be at camp in about 2 hours. All the rain is going to bring cooler weather and big bucks

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I made it to camp! Gonna try and set up in this crazy weather between cells
Might have to sleep in the truck

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Right after I crossed the dam I seen this pretty cool rainbow then it was all rain for the next six hours haha

I think my luck has continued though because as soon as I tried to set up camp, the rain has stopped!

BAM! Home for the next 7 days. Now let's see if I'll be able to sleep
This IS my Christmas

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Heading to my glassing point right now. It's about a mile in, so I should be there in about 25 min. So excited to see what shows up today!

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Been glassing and nothing yet but I know they're here! Sitting behind my Meopta Meostars HD's on a tripod with my folding camp seat = Cadillac of glassing

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I located a herd of 9 does but there isn't a buck with them. I'm gonna keep an eye on them for a little while hoping that a buck appears.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Well I have a 3x3 right below me bedded at 254 yards away! I'm not sure if I want to go after him though. He looks about 23-24" wide. I might put a stalk on him just to see how he reacts to the decoy

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I just couldn't help myself
Sorry to keep everyone in suspense but I just put the buck down! Pics and story to come....