Hoyt 34 vs Bison

Knowing I was in a love hate relationship with my 2016 Hoyt Turbo my lovely Wife gave me a new 2017 Carbon 34 for Christmas. I was out of deer tags in mid November so I couldn't really put it to work like I wanted to. Anxious to kill something with it the best I could do was shoot a couple pigs over the new years weekend. Yesterday I finally got the opportunity to sick it on something a lil more prestigious . I absolutely love this 34 it is an ultra smooth sweet shooter and we are a match made in heaven. Before the haters start, let me set the record straight, I heart shot the Buff at 20yds with my first arrow. The arrow zipped thru him like butter, it never even checked up. He kinda humped up and moved about 15 yards latterly and was standing hard quarterd away at about 25yds. While I was watching him bleed out I thought to myself, Self you're probably never going to shoot another buffalo and if he is just gonna stand there you should go ahead and pound him again. He hated the second arrow as much as he did the first. He grunted, humped up n walk out another 20yds where he tipped over seconds after he arrived there. I shot him using my new Nock2 it release with a 450gn Easton Injection arrows tipped with 100gn exodus heads and of course the Hoyt Carbon Defiant 34 at 70lbs 28.5" draw in Buckskin color, Black Gold Ascent Sight, Hoyt version of the QAD rest and Tight Spot quiver.

Attachments

• Buffalo 2017.jpg
    Buffalo 2017.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 184