2017 SLDMTN Alaska Hunting Season

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll get cranking on the story but here is my final load out with my brother in laws buffalo. We knew this was a gnarly load when we packed it, I was guessing 150 lbs when we were in the field. We got home late last night, crashed into bed, and cut meat all day today. Before we were done, we weighed the head (55 lbs) and the hide (110 lbs). Throwing in my pack weight and my day gear (rain jacket, puffy, water, snacks, etc..) I'm giving it a VERY conservative 10 lbs, that's right all total 175 lbs for just over a mile on my final trip out!

DLsXch4.jpg

For scale, I'm 6'2" and 205 lbs presently.

The entire hide fit inside the Fulcrum and the head strapped outside nicely. It carried extremely well loaded like that, I am not exaggerating whatsoever. I have been fully convinced these Kifaru pack frames are MONEY! So much, that I sold my Barney's....seriously.

Last edited:

Clarktar

WKR
Thread of the year! Thanks for taking the time to keep posting!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
Thank you! I love sharing and it's great getting feedback like this!
It's deserved. I often am too lazy to write up reports and add pictures etc. I will look you up when I move to AK.

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's deserved. I often am too lazy to write up reports and add pictures etc. I will look you up when I move to AK.

Do that for sure, I always like meeting new folks. What timeframe are you working on?

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
SLDMTN. I cannot directly msg you but I pulled the DI454 bison hunt. Due to Ahtna land closures I am forced to do the copper river bison hunt like you did back in 2017. I would appreciate any information you could impart before I blindly pack raft down the copper.