Post Thanks / Like

My 2017 Wisconsin Turkey Hunt

Follow along during my 2017 Wisconsin turkey hunt. My season starts May 10th and goes through May 16th. The way Wisconsin's spring season is set up is that there are 6 different time periods with each one lasting approximately a week. When you apply in the fall you put down your preference of what time period you prefer.

Follow along as I update during scouting expeditions and then my season when it starts on May 10th. Btw this will be completely DIY and on public land.
    Last edited by Cmbrown337; 1 Week Ago at 02:16 PM. Reason: Want to add more info

Post Thanks / Like
    Where in WI?

Post Thanks / Like
    20-30 min outside of Green Bay

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the link to a video I made of my scouting trip today.

WI Turkey Scouting Trip-04/19/17 - YouTube

5. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So it will be the 2017 turkey hunt then
    The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoops good catch

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbrown337 View Post
    Whoops good catch
    updated your title
    The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like your best bet is Road Hunting😂.
    Nice video.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks northern piker. I'll be putting together a video once my season starts. Hopefully can get a kill on camera!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got one opening day . 11 inch beard, 24 pounder. Shotgun at 44 yards. Little farther than what I wanted. I was racing out of woods because my son's basement was flooded and he gobbled. 4 calling sequences and it was lights out. 2nd year in a row got one on opening day, both times 15 minutes late getting in woods and no prior scouting but it is on my private land and not much changes in what birds do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Loved your video and looking forward to following your progress. Turkey hunting videos are some of the best out there. Good luck.