Avery/Denning Mule Deer 🦌 Hunt-Live!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. Made top by 7. Sunrise at 7:10. Lone doe spotted. That can be a good sign of a big buck nearby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
We got up to our spot around 7:30 and can see 2 herds of elk but nothing else yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Slow up here. I’ve only glasses that one doe, but the tracks say there are several bunches of deer here. This is where Tanya killed her buck last year. I’m sitting watching the cover where that doe went earlier. I read about the latest nut job killing all the families in the Texas church, so my heart is heavy today. Now we gotta arm our churches. I see an armed citizen eventually stopped him-some of the press won’t like that.

Anyway, I’ve cut several good buck tracks in last 24 hours so I know there are mature bucks around. Here’s a pic of one compared to just an average sized buck
341d506b7796ad20fc15ec629741dc5b.jpg

3f7b042a2c338c58d25f4aa4e4defee9.jpg

Can you see the difference?
No guarantee he’s got big antlers, but he’s a mature buck. I tracked him to these draws where’s the doe was, so he’s probably nearby.

Ryan just texted and said “waiting for buck to stand up” so that’s good. I better concentrate now.

dotman

WKR
Hey that's a start Robby :). Always good to see mature buck tracks, gets the blood going a little!

WesternBounty

Lil-Rokslider
Slow up here. I’ve only glasses that one doe, but the tracks say there are several bunches of deer here. This is where Tanya killed her buck last year. I’m sitting watching the cover where that doe went earlier. I read about the latest nut job killing all the families in the Texas church, so my heart is heavy today. Now we gotta arm our churches. I see an armed citizen eventually stopped him-some of the press won’t like that.

Anyway, I’ve cut several good buck tracks in last 24 hours so I know there are mature bucks around. Here’s a pic of one compared to just an average sized buck
341d506b7796ad20fc15ec629741dc5b.jpg

3f7b042a2c338c58d25f4aa4e4defee9.jpg

Can you see the difference?
No guarantee he’s got big antlers, but he’s a mature buck. I tracked him to these draws where’s the doe was, so he’s probably nearby.

Ryan just texted and said “waiting for buck to stand up” so that’s good. I better concentrate now.

Ok Robby so is the difference the size or the imprint?

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Buck down!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ok Robby so is the difference the size or the imprint?

Both, but also notice the bigger track also shows the dew claws. All bucks have them but big bucks are heavy enough that you see them show up in their track more often. The snow fell in on the front of the big track but you can see it’s a little blunter than the smaller track. Both these tracks were within a few feet of each other just FYI. I also noticed as I followed the bigger track that he splayed out between his lobes a lot more than the smaller deer. Should’ve taken some pictures of those

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Isn’t he a beaut? Thanks again Robby (AKA ‘The Legend’ ) for inviting us down for another AWESOME hunt if you ever plan on hunting Mule Deer, you better up your glassing skills, and learn to shoot quick!
fd00627314c48a4ee1370290ff86f622.jpg

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn’t he a beaut? Thanks again Robby (AKA ‘The Legend’ ) for inviting us down for another AWESOME hunt if you ever plan on hunting Mule Deer, you better up your glassing skills, and learn to shoot quick!

Tank! Nice Job!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR

Nice!!!!!!! Congrats!!!

That is a beauty.
I especially like Ryans comment Winter Flower.
Knew something good was to follow- congrats for sure