Avery/Denning Mule Deer 🦌 Hunt-Live!

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, so we are a tad bit late starting this but, better late than never, right?

9e8e7c5ea79870fb069dd3cb8594a65c.jpg
we got to camp in the afternoon and unpacked. Due to horrible glassing conditions, we didn’t have to hurry. It was nice to unpack, catch up and formulate a plan for later in the afternoon.

9821fbc4afccc9b7ea95e8f64ffd0a12.jpg

These guys! 🤣

PNWGATOR

WKR
"Wonder Twin powers activate!"

Looking forward to this trip report!!!! Best of luck and have an amazing hunt!

Last edited:

colersu22

WKR
Looking forward to this one again. Can Ryan post a review of the sawtooth jacket from the trip?

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Yes! Is this the first Robby hunt this year? Feel like my deer hunting knowledge has greatly diminished without the Live hunt updates on the Rok Blog.

Get some stud bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been waiting for some Robby mule deer action. Hope they slam a big one!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Tanya passed on this 3x3 and a small 4x4 today. My how things have changed in a year. Last year she would of shot either! I’m proud of her!
05e00a0c78303a65571d8b9cdd64f9ee.jpg

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Day 2 pics~
This guy is a glassing machine! Eagle
d0c8672e090bc8b7c32ed8fdb9b6c37b.jpg

We did a live ‘what’s in our packs for this hunt’ on Instagram tonight. I️ thought the live story would stay on IG for 24 hours, but apparently they don’t, so I️ will get it up on YouTube as soon as I️ can.

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
Day 2 pics~
This guy is a glassing machine! Eagle
d0c8672e090bc8b7c32ed8fdb9b6c37b.jpg

We did a live ‘what’s in our packs for this hunt’ on Instagram tonight. It’s a story on our IG page, check it out: Instagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is that a tripod being used in the truck? Does not look like a window mount.

ljalberta

WKR
Looking forward to this. Tried to find the what's in my pack story on instagram but couldn't find it.

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Looking forward to this. Tried to find the what's in my pack story on instagram but couldn't find it.

My bad. I️ assumes IG would keep the live story like they do the regular stories, but they don’t :/ I️ will put it up on YouTube as soon as I️ can:)

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Is that a tripod being used in the truck? Does not look like a window mount.

Haha! Yeah, I️ generally don’t glass out of my truck but I️ saw some deer so I️ had to improvise.

colonel00

WKR
Have there been any Yoda sightings yet? That's what I'm really interested in here... :D

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
34af10bba6aa517912668aef604e99a8.jpg

I’d been scouting/hunting two days prior to Ryan and Tanya’s arrival with few buck sightings. We’re way down on Bucks in this part of Idaho after the winter kill. Decent snow Friday night so I switched over to checking tracks for a few days to locate the most does and possibly a shooter buck. Found a 12 hour old good track last evening. Ryan’s been handling the big glass for the most part and seeing plenty of deer, but only young bucks.

The deer really moved yesterday after the storm lightened up so if there any good buck here, we should see something soon.

We’re also looking for a buck I named Snag, he’s not a giant but the best I’ve seen here this year and would be a shooter. He’s mid twenties, with OK mass and a big hook cheater. Prolly a five year old buck. Haven’t seen him since August. I’ll get some Phone Skope pics up of him maybe later today.

5:30 am local now and I’m saddling Leo and headed towards top. This is his first solo trip and he’s doing well. Ryan and Tanya are hunting where we saw all the does last night.