2017 hunts

OP
B

bbguns

FNG
After getting my boys deer i had a few days to get my non resident tag filled and on the last day i could hunt i slipped in on a nice little four point and put a little meat in the freezer.(somewhere in all this i also got me a delicious bear)Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Last edited:
OP
B

bbguns

FNG
After getting camp setup i quickly headed out to see if i could turn up a good buck...and i DID! I actually found two really nice bucks. I watched them the rest of the night and the next day i was able to turn up the big non typical again.Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet Finally after waiting all year it was opening day! Right off the bat i spotted the big typical and watched him bed down. I quickly put together a stalk and ended up slipping in to 60 yards. I laid the gun over my pack and slowly squeezed the trigger. Snap....a misfire! The buck jumped from his bed and busted over the ridge.I spent the rest of the day trying to turn up the big non typical and around noon i finally turned him up but was not able to seal the deal.The next morning i was up at 4 and back up the mountain before light. Just as the sun started coming up i spotted a few does and skirted them for a while. i lost them in a little gully so i took the opportunity to slowly move up on them. as they came out of the gully i noticed there were a few more than went in. I put up my glass and there they were! Both of them! And they were fighting. I crawled in to about 85 yards and set up for the shot. I only had a shot on the non typical but i was good with taking him so i lined up on him and slowly squeezed the trigger....pop......uuuggghh.....the primer popped this time but not the powder! To make matters worse all my primers were in my pack about 20 yards down the hill and i now had 15 deer burning a hole through me.....After about 10 minutes of trying not to blink or breathe the does started moving off but to my surprise the two bucks had gon back to fighting...I quickly crawled back to my pack and through a new primer on. As i was sneaking back up the hill one of the bucks must have caught movement and began to move up the hill. I got him stopped at 120 yards and as soon as the shot broke i new i had my buck! Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Last edited:
OP
B

bbguns

FNG
well crap i thought i had it fixed...they show up on mine...wonder what im doin wrong

I can see them when I click on the links, desktop, congrats on a heck of a season and getting your boy out there and his getting it done !

Congrats on some great hunts! That non typical buck is amazing. How old is your son by the way? My boy is 3.5 and I can’t wait to start taking him out with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

bbguns

FNG
He is 10...i gotta say it was one of the most fun hunts i have ever done and i cant wait to get him back out there next year

ddiwd33

Banned
yes it certainly is, squirrel hunting was amazing plus my daughter got her first deer.