Live/semi live Late season Arizona Coues Hunt

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opening morning and not a lot of deer. The wind is howling which if Think is keeping them bedded in these cuts.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Heading just north of you next week for OTC archery Mule deer.

i'll be in 43a

I have a home / business there so I take advantage of area knowledge

I take it you re in 43b or 45 areas?

Good luck on your hunt. Not the same unit but i hear good things about that unit!

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Day 1 was super windy and glasses up a possible shooter right before he was shot... by someone else!

Day 2 we saw quite a bit more movement but no big bucks... Day ain’t over yet!

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
0d32a2b6e96f0dfd68a1d14132e0f2e1.jpg

Btx getting busy

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tonight got windy and cold! I feel like every time I come down here to Arizona, I bring the cold weather with me. We didn’t glass up a single deer this evening. I did find one lone javelina. There is a storm moving in tomorrow with possible snow which will only last one day. I’m hoping that will get these bucks up and moving around.

If you remember, last live hunt down here I ran into a fellow firefighter on the side of the road and we have become good friends over the years. I have been hunting with his dad who I’ve also become close with over the years. He is hunting otc archery and we hope to stick him a nice buck as well. I tell you, this hunt has not produced the deer quality or quantity either of us had hoped for but we are having a blast. It’s so nice to hunt with friends sometimes. We are having a ball.

Here is a quick view from camp as the storm is rolling in.

fda012e6dc3e3fe74b0b9eb54eb107a4.jpg

Slim Jim

WKR
Hopefully the rut kicks off for you. Last year it didn’t get started till after the new year for me. One good thing is you’ll probably find a big boy solo strolling around with his nose up in the air looking for some booty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
20223d3103de011423a5855eb95c6c5b.jpg

It been snowing/raining all day. Quite a bit of activity in the am but everything is holding up tight right now. This fog could list and wind die down a little!

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hopefully the rut kicks off for you. Last year it didn’t get started till after the new year for me. One good thing is you’ll probably find a big boy solo strolling around with his nose up in the air looking for some booty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure hope so jim!

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Day 3-
Cloudy day and started out fogged in. The sun finally broke though an hour or so ago and glassing the hill looking for a big buck.

Come on man, glass one up- I need good news heading into my hunt
lol

seriously I hope you guys hook up with one.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Day 3 ended the same as the prior 2. Defeated. The good thing is the deer are moving more now.

Public service announcement-

To the lady bowhunting by herself that drives a white tahoe/Yukon. We were trying to tell you there was a decent buck by you NOT saying get out of our area!
If anyone knows her, she’s in southern Arizona. Please send our apologies and hope we didn’t run her off!

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Deer are finally moving and signs of the rut is happening! We saw quite a few deer today but nothing worth chasing. Moving camp and in town resupplying today. We will head out to a spot close to town this evening....