Live/semi live Late season Arizona Coues Hunt

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys, I was lucky enough to draw a good coues tag with 7 points and heading down to southern Arizona tomorrow! Don’t get too excited, we are spending 3 days in the south rim of the Grand Canyon with the kids before heading down. Andrea and I are taking the kids out of school and giving them “real life education”. Season opens the 15th and I will be doing some scouting before hand and hopefully setting my eyes upon a bomber Coues.
I hope to be updating this thread daily with updates and pending service or at least bug some poor soul on here with Inreach messages to update this thread. Any takers?

Our family is excited to go back down to Arizona and spend time in beautiful country with awesome people.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
949fbbf1719948eb51e76a89750324d1.jpg

The 6.5 is ready to go!

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Drive through Vegas. Too big of a city for me... cut off multiple times and my road rage was kicking in. Slim jim, you are a better man than me.

Slim Jim

WKR
Drive through Vegas. Too big of a city for me... cut off multiple times and my road rage was kicking in. Slim jim, you are a better man than me.

Hahaha you just get jaded after a while or maybe Ive become one of those assholes that cut people off
Safe travels brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slim Jim

WKR
My buddy that lives in AZ just sent me this pic of a coues that he took today!
be4425ce35b2783689f376a51b5f9273.jpeg

A little something to fire you up

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Jim!

This guy was chilling along the edge of Grand Canyon. Took this pic with cell phone.
837756c08ea0716a3ef571d316d67692.jpg

CaseyU

WKR
I'm in... have a great time with the family, and best of luck on the hunt. I will be following.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Made it to southern az late last night and spent the day learning history down here. Such an amazing place and I wish I had more time to explore but it’s time to head out to coues camp! Tomorrow will be a day full of scouting and spending time with a good friend (does anyone remember my last semi live az hunt)

I have never been to Southern AZ but every time I go down there I like it more. Very cool state if you ask me. The mountains and high desert, beautiful and its just the definition of the wild west to me.

Heading just north of you next week for OTC archery Mule deer.

i'll be in 43a

I have a home / business there so I take advantage of area knowledge
:)
I take it you re in 43b or 45 areas?

SierraNV4

FNG
Made it to southern az late last night and spent the day learning history down here. Such an amazing place and I wish I had more time to explore but it’s time to head out to coues camp! Tomorrow will be a day full of scouting and spending time with a good friend (does anyone remember my last semi live az hunt)

Are you hunting with that amazing friend you hunting with last time. He was truly awesome.