Nebraska Mule Deer/Whitetail Live Hunt!

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Happy Holidays sliders!

With the mountain seasons basically over and a break from editing, I’m shifting to our family ranch in Nebraska this next week for some deer! My friend Kristy Titus is flying in tomorrow and we’ll hunt through the end of the year, filming for her show. She has a black powder tag good for either species, and I have a non resident landowner tag that lets me hunt with a bow or muzzleloader. I’ve seen some solid whitetail over Christmas and a cool mule deer that is going to be our target buck! After Kristy tags out we’ll swap places and I’ll try and find a buck. I’d like to try for a spot and stalk whitetail with my bow, but will switch to black powder if I need to. Should be a fun time, I’ll keep everyone in the loop on here!!

20e0172a8618422394086abae47c4609.jpg
619705f21fabfe5b0514b65deb78c501.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcfireninja

Lil-Rokslider
Sweet sounds fun, a guy on my crew is headed to the Crawford area tomorrow for muzzleloader

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well as the luck goes with airlines delayed flights and lost baggage has this trip starting off in regular fashion. Kristy made it but her bags got sent to a different city, so they’ll be arriving here hopefully at 9pm. 2 hour drive back to the ranch and we’ll be scouting in the AM, checking zero then heading out to find the mule deer!

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Day 1:

Today was a scouting/gun sight in day. Saw our big whitetail that is broken up but still a shooter.. couldn’t find the big mule deer but didn’t get too deep in the country today. Still figuring out what game to play in the AM!

Tomorrow we wake up and grind!

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Day 2:

We got on two big whitetail this morning but the massive amount of doe made it difficult to get in front of them without busting everything out. We have an altered plan for the AM and should come out better. This afternoon we found our mule deer “kicker buck” and he was with a bunch of doe as well and just wasn’t in a huntable spot. Tomorrow will be better I hope! Regardless there has been a ton of jokes and laughs.

0955917ba492dbf79366592502e6145c.jpg
8c792e88614acfae792737ea3baf42d4.jpg

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buck down! Last night we shot a nice mule deer buck at 150 yards on camera. Wasn’t our target buck but with temps at -17 and supposed to drop further we pulled the trigger. I’m up now looking for the broken whitetail. Will post pics soon!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'm late, but I'm here! Let's see some bucks. 17 below is just about right for the best action. Tell Kristy she crossed over into the Rokslide zone and her SM is about to blow up (like it could anymore than it has).

elkguide

WKR
We're having a heat wave here as it has just cracked the zero mark but NO reason to venture out so anxiously waiting your story telling expertise!

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
fc8751cb439eb6486264f76c70dbde85.jpg

Here he is. Given the circumstances of trying to get a show filmed, having it 20 below and being short on time left in the season, we got within range of this old buck trying to run off all of my young 4 pts and let the hammer down. 150 yard shot with the muzzleloader, he took two steps backwards and tipped over. We’re still trying to turn the kicker buck up so I can give him a run, and also trying for the broken whitetail (I got pretty close this morning and he is big!). Tomorrow is the last morning so we’re just gonna send it!