Slim’s (Jimmy Tippetts) annual live AZ deer hunt!

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
It’s 72 degrees right now! Can’t believe it’s 40 degrees warmer here than it was in September in Idaho!! Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Oh chit! this stock pond has never been dry
6ed3197b8b5437419212eced971e06fe.jpg

Another hour of hiking to the spot I want to hunt. If that pond is dry, I’ll stick around till Monday to see if they are still here. If not, plan B

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I bumped a buck about 300 yards away. It was a decent 3 point so it looks like they’re here! Game on

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Camp is set! It’s as flat as I’m gonna get. Now it’s time to find some coues!
20bbe8778bcb02ab3d0f2c60d650c960.jpg

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Well it’s that time of year again to head down south to AZ and chase some deer with my bow! Crazy how fast time goes by, it seems like I was just down there. The last few times I’ve been down south I’ve been lucky enough to harvest a few mule deer and javalina. For those that have followed my previous years, the hunts didn’t last very long as things happened pretty quick. Hopefully this one will last a little longer. I’m pretty sure it will because this year I’ve got a different plan. This year I’m going to be chasing the elusive desert ghost, the coues deer! My very first time hunting with a bow was in AZ on an otc tag. I had a chance at a nice 3x3 coues buck at 41 yards and missed. 41 yards back then was a LONG shot for me. Sure hope that opportunity presents itself again. I’ll be solo on this hunt which I like while deer hunting because everything is much quieter and less scent in the area. Gonna have you guys as company though. I don’t want explain everything thing right now(game plan, diet, gear, etc.) because if you guys are anything like myself, you don’t have time to read a lot of text at once. Probably why I read a lot of articles but never a book . Don’t worry though because I’m leaving early Saturday morning the 30th and I’ll be posting regularly before and during the hunt. Hopefully I can keep it interesting and helpful for those looking to do an otc AZ archery hunt or those who’s season is over. Stay tuned!

Good luck Jimmy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
There’s a bear outside my freakin tent right now!! Unless it’s that lion. The breathing sounds like a bear though. The one time I don’t bring a sidearm with me

There’s a bear outside my freakin tent right now!! Unless it’s that lion. The breathing sounds like a bear though. The one time I don’t bring a sidearm with me

Look n see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're in AZ It's a Chubacabra
If it is there, so are many tasty meals for it.
Today will be a good day.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
It is eerie quiet here. I can hear the cars on the freeway 6 miles from where I’m at. Gonna be tough to put on a stalk. You can hear a pin drop

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I can’t shoot till tomorrow anyways so maybe some breezes will pick up

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I haven’t spotted anything this morning so I moved to a higher vantage and this basins’ waterhole is dry as well. There is an old mine not far that usually has water in it. Maybe they are getting it from there or maybe just dew.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
There are some cattle bedded down 1000 yards from me. I hope this full moon and heat isn’t putting deer to bed early. I’ll just have to pick them out in their