Slim’s (Jimmy Tippetts) annual live AZ deer hunt!

My Fitbit reading today. Pretty much every day
8587f2f7c5874f1846ff664e7888310d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm more impressed with the 8 hours sleep. I'm lucky if I get 6 a night.

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I got to my vantage this morning by moonlight. Getting through some of that lava rock was a chore. Temperatures are a little cooler this morning with 5-10 mph breezes
Going to be a good day!

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I just watch someone blow a stalk on a mule deer buck. He moved WAY to fast. He had him at 30 yards and the buck didn’t know he was there. The guy kept moving left and right real quick looking for a shot. If he just would’ve been patient that buck would of been done.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I just watch someone blow a stalk on a mule deer buck. He moved WAY to fast. He had him at 30 yards and the buck didn’t know he was there. The guy kept moving left and right real quick looking for a shot. If he just would’ve been patient that buck would of been done.

....the best education can be moments like that

Been there done that- uncontrolled chaos and unpenned excitement !!

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
My spottter just took a chit!. I pulled it out of my pack and the focus dial broke off. The micro dial snapped which holds/sandwiches the big dial on. Going to have to Jimmy rig this one . At least it’s a Vortex and they’ll replace it but that does me no good right now.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Damn that'll put a damper on the hunt hopefully Jimmy can rig it enough to make it though

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Someone just let off a rifle shot not to far away! There is no rifle season here right now. I think somebody is cheating haha.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
My spottter just took a chit!. I pulled it out of my pack and the focus dial broke off. The micro dial snapped which holds/sandwiches the big dial on. Going to have to Jimmy rig this one . At least it’s a Vortex and they’ll replace it but that does me no good right now.

C’mon Vortex, you can do better than that! Until their lifetime warranty includes drone delivery into the field, it doesn’t mean a whole lot in a situation like this.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I finally got up to where I seen those coues yesterday. Wouldn’t you know it, I was just about to take off my backpack to start glassing and those little fudgers blow out 15 yards in front of me!!

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Strange the mule deer are tutting but not the coues. This morning that mule deer buck had 5 does with him

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I think I want to hunt rutting muleys down low hahaha. These little bastards are tough in this unit.