Illinois?

Johnson27

Lil-Rokslider
tfitter

Iowa side of the River
For indoor archery check out either B & B on State Street in Bettendorf or Davenport Valley Archery Club. B & B has a nice indoor range. DVA has an indoor range at Devils Glen Park in Bettendorf with open shoots on Tuesday and Thursday nights. They also have an outdoor range outside Long Grove Iowa (including a 40 target 3D course). Long Grove is north of Davenport on Highway 61. DVA has a website that has all the info. Last year they had 5-6 3D shoots, but it looks like only 3 this year.

Illinois side of the River
Check out EZ Livin in Milan. They have a small indoor range.

I'm up for a hiking rondy. I've been hiking the bike trails at Illiniwek Park in Hampton but I'm willing to travel. It's always nice to see new areas.

Johnson27

Last edited:

Nuke Man

WKR
I'm down for some hikes! Got a buddy that would come too. I'm near the QC in Geneseo. Look up 3Dshoots.com there are a few places around here that have them. I usually do Morrison and Galesburg but been wanting to hit Davenport. 3D seasons here too I'd you QC guys want to get together and hit some.

Dan L

FNG
Hey guys, live in McHenry, IL 50 miles northwest of Chicago, about ten miles south of the Wisconsin border.

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
Live in Roscoe Village, Chicago. Any of you guys members at Joliet Archery Club? I'm debating an OTC elk hunt this fall. Any of you fellow Illinoisans ever done OTC Colorado?

rklein

Lil-Rokslider
Phil4,

I live in Geneva, which is about 40 miles west of the city. I am a member of St. Charles sportsmans club and I work downtown. I am headed to Colorado in September for a mule deer hunt. I am pretty much set for the hunt, but could talk about carpooling if you were interested in getting out to CO. PM if you want to chat more.

Nuke Man

WKR
Heading out for otc archery elk in September in Colorado. First time! Actually driving down next weekend for a scouting / fishing trip.

Johnson27

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck Nuke.
I just sent my archery mule deer tag back as I'm scheduled for right shoulder AC joint surgery Monday morning. I haven't been able to shoot my bow for 6 months now.
I did a scouting trip in early June while hoping for the best. I did learn something about my self on that trip. I AM SCARED OF BEARS! Spent the night in my truck with a 40cal in my hand instead of the tent. LOL

PM me with the area your looking at and I'll help if I can. I'm still planning on a 1st season rifle hunt if PT goes well.

stratofisher

Lil-Rokslider
Figure I would pipe up as a resident of the Metro East in Caseyville near St Louis. About to retire from the AF at Scott AFB and stay in the local area. Planning an elk hunt to Idaho for archery elk later this year. Going back to an area that I hunted two years ago.

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
Monk, I've a little slow to check up on things here. I didn't end up getting out west, had a job switch and generally just didn't get my act together. Bow hunted quite a bit with a doe to show for it, so can't complain. I will say I've never seen so few bucks. I saw one decent one and missed a 1.5 year old 8pt due to a deflection. Other than that I thought it was pretty slow. Probably got out about 20-25 times. Gonna try one more time this Friday. How'd your year go?

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
Rklein,

How'd the hunt go?

Last edited:

MONK2015

FNG
Phil4, Mine went about the same as yours, went out a bunch with a doe to show for it. Only buck I saw this season was as I was climbing down from my stand.

Dan L

FNG
Anyone from the area headed west this year? I'm planning OTC in Colorado either archery or second season rifle.

Don K

Lil-Rokslider
Did MT last year, will be burning 15 points in Colorado this year for archery. Started biking and treadmill to get my legs ready

Dan L

FNG
Getting ready physically is one I'm really trying to focus on, building the incline on the treadmill as much as possible. This will be my first time out west so I'm jumping around from goHunt, google earth, CPW site, and here learning where to even park my truck; it's been overwhelming.

mechengr

FNG
I see a few QC members in here so I wanted to tag in as well. Actually on the Iowa side of the river. Starting to train for my first CO hunt this fall and might be interested in a group hike of some sort this summer if it's reasonably close by

Dan L

FNG
I've tried to get down to Starved Rock/Mathiessen state parks and go up and down their hills, definitely a bit different than a regular forest preserve trail around me