Vermonters? New Englanders?

Graves14

WKR
Sounds good to me, I leave in less than a week for the NH black bear opener. Hoping to put down my first bruin!!

Brendan

WKR
Note to self - buy a bear tag this year... Had one dead to rights feeding broadside at 85 yards with a steady rest last year, and I was too cheap to buy the damn tag...

ChrisS

WKR
Note to self - buy a bear tag this year... Had one dead to rights feeding broadside at 85 yards with a steady rest last year, and I was too cheap to buy the damn tag...
In NY, the bear tag comes with the big game license. You don't see them often, the ADKs are awfully thick, but the sign is everywhere and I always get them on my cameras (and all my cameras have tooth marks where they've chewed on 'em). A lot of guys in camp have shot a few over the years. But the woods are too thick to glass hillsides, no baiting, and no dogs. So harvesting a bear is mostly being in the right place at the right time and having one wander past so it's nice to always have the tag in your pocket.

Brendan

WKR
In NY, the bear tag comes with the big game license. You don't see them often, the ADKs are awfully thick, but the sign is everywhere and I always get them on my cameras (and all my cameras have tooth marks where they've chewed on 'em). A lot of guys in camp have shot a few over the years. But the woods are too thick to glass hillsides, no baiting, and no dogs. So harvesting a bear is mostly being in the right place at the right time and having one wander past so it's nice to always have the tag in your pocket.

This was NorthEast PA near the NY border. For all the time I've spent in stands down there, this was only the 2nd bear I've seen. Definitely a right place, right time scenario...

blackdog of vt

Lil-Rokslider
Hey gentlemen, checking in from Vt here. Bear comes with our hunting licence too. I have them in my backyard quite often. Haven't hunted this year due to back surgery but I'm going to get myself out bird hunting at the very least here soon.

hjcruger

FNG
Hi, folks. I just created a northeast US rokslide group. Feel free to join so we can discuss possible rendezvous and trips. I think the easiest way to join would be going to your personal page, looking at your groups, hitting join groups, and then clicking on the Northeast one.

Graves14

WKR
Anyone have any ideas where we could arrange a meetup this summer? What about a brewery? Burlington maybe?

Robbie

FNG
Don't know if any you guys are interested but the Kifaru East Coast Rondy is coming up next month. Its in the Daks near Northville. Patrick hasn't come out the last two years but still a great time. There is a thread on Kifaru.

Last edited: