Vermonters? New Englanders?

PintsOfCraft

Lil-Rokslider
Just thought I'd see who might be close. I'm a new East Coaster after having lived out west. Anyone in the area?

Brendan

WKR
I live just north of Boston (yes, it sucks), spend a bunch of time in Maine during the summers and make at least one trip west every year. I go to Vermont a little more infrequently now but used to whitetail hunt near Rutland every year, and used to try to get out camping and grouse hunting when time allowed.

Where in Vermont are you? With a name like "Pints of Craft" - you've got some amazing breweries in VT - Lawson's, Alchemist and Hill Farmstead are all fantastic.

LifeAndLiberty

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome. Spring/Summer I spend by the shoreline almost every free moment I get in CT or Rhode Island. Hit up a favorite shell fishing spot on the coast yesterday, got enough native clams for a few meals for early this week. (helps when you know the shell fish commission chairs to know where they seed the beds and where the clams are native). Water was like bath water until the tide started coming back in.

OP
PintsOfCraft

PintsOfCraft

Lil-Rokslider
Glad to know I'm not alone out here. Thanks for chiming in fellas. I'm in Stowe at the moment and share time over in South Hero on Champlain. We've definitely got great beer here, coincidentally I'm opening our second Taproom here in The Village.

Any interest in an annual RokSlide get together? I know we're all busy but it would be fun to meet up.

pete

Lil-Rokslider
Living in RI for the time being, a get together sounds good

LifeAndLiberty

Lil-Rokslider
Where they let you hunt on Sundays and you can hunt Doves...... might as well be the promised land as far as a CT resident is concerned! Love the Rhode Island coast... I've taken many clams in those salt ponds..... proposed to my wife there and eventually got married there too.

OP
PintsOfCraft

PintsOfCraft

Lil-Rokslider
Elkguide, My wife's family is from Southern Maine and after having our daughter we decided to move closer to family. Secondarily, we wanted to expand our business. VT seemed to offer the ability to do both. Certainly wasn't for the hunting. ;-)

I'll PM you guys and maybe we can get a meetup worked out.

Robbie

FNG
There is a Kafaru East Coast Rondy every year the weekend before Valentines Day in upstate NY. Been going since 09 Great Time!

Graves14

WKR
There is a Kafaru East Coast Rondy every year the weekend before Valentines Day in upstate NY. Been going since 09 Great Time!

how'd i miss that? thats my birthday week so i guess i know what I'm doing this year!

hjcruger

FNG
I guess I'm a little late to the party, but I go to Middlebury College, and was born and raised in Rutland. Perhaps a Rokslide member trip up Mt. Mansfield with some heavy packs is in order at some point?

Graves14

WKR
Let's definitely make something happen this year. I'd Lev to meet up and have a few beers with some east coast sliders.

Brendan

WKR
I'm still game if it happens.

hjcruger - Hunted a decent amount not too far from Rutland in the past, but haven't been there in years. Keep thinking I want to make the time to get back to the mountains of Western VT and try to get a buck there. Still remember a miss I had on a big 8 many years ago, and haven't redeemed myself for it yet...!

hjcruger

FNG
I'm still game if it happens.

hjcruger - Hunted a decent amount not too far from Rutland in the past, but haven't been there in years. Keep thinking I want to make the time to get back to the mountains of Western VT and try to get a buck there. Still remember a miss I had on a big 8 many years ago, and haven't redeemed myself for it yet...!

I'm sure I'm familiar with the area you're talking about. Lot's of deer over there, but a few too many people for my liking. I'm going after a buck in the central part of the state this year with a clean track as wide as a lighter. I've yet to lay eyes on this beast, but I've seen rubs and tracks in the area. As soon as I get back from Wyoming I'll be hanging stands!

As for the east coast rondy, maybe a weekend trip to the Greens or Adirondacks early in the spring to beat the cabin fever?