Interested in finding an Alaskan hunting buddy

Hello, my family and I moved back to Alaska earlier this year and although I won't be a resident for hunting purposes until January 2017 (still not sure I want to fork over the money to hunt moose this fall or just help someone else etc.), I am interested in seeing if there are any members on Rokslide that live in the Eagle River area (or elsewhere in the state) that are looking for a hunting buddy (also scouting, backpacking, etc.). I am a very experienced backcountry hunter having been hunting in this manner since I was a boy growing up in Southeast Alaska years ago. I have lived and hunted in Alaska most my life so I have quite a bit of experience hunting up here as well as the Rocky Mountain West and Desert Southwest. I have all my own gear and while it isn't the latest and greatest it is field proven and fully functional. I no longer have any family living in the state so would be interested in finding a good hunting buddy, otherwise I suppose I will just continue hunting solo as I have for the last ten years or so for the most part. If anyone is interested please let me know and we can talk in further detail. Thanks.

I hope you are able to find a reliable partner and I also hope that you are able to get out into the mountains this fall. Best of luck on both accounts and keep the wind in your face!

OP
O
Thanks Nick. I know odds of finding an ideal hunting buddy are slim to none, but figured Rokslide was a better place than most to post and see if anything came of it. If not I'll continue to enjoy solo hunting. I will definitely be out and about in the field this fall whether I end up buying a moose tag or just taking pictures will largely depend on what I see for bulls in my old area on this weekends scouting trip. So far the old area is looking as good as it ever did for grizzly, sheep, and moose in my earlier trips this year so that has me excited for next spring and onwards if nothing else. Good luck and enjoy your hunting this fall as well.

Fjelljeger

Lil-Rokslider
I will be moving up to Alaska in the next 2 weeks in the Anchorage/Eagle River/ Chugiak area. Still waiting to close on a house. I won't be a resident until Nov 2017 (gotta wait those 365 days) but meeting up with fellow Roksliders is always a good thing!

Resurrecting an old thread here but just found it. I live in the eagle river area just got my resident status!!!
Alaska has proven to be a tough place to learn to hunt so far always looking to meet up with fellow hunters.
Would be great to get a group together for backpack cardio up baldy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merc

FNG
I moved up over the summer, but work overseas and am always looking for like minded people to hunt or train with in the off season when I'm around.