anyone from maryalnd?

OP
F
just looking to educate myself and make some new friends. planning a trip in 2018 so anyone who could offer some insight for a new guy would be great.

Pramo

WKR
I'm in Carroll County Maryland and fairly experienced at western hunting, been out the last 6 years hunting and in the summers camping,biking and hiking with my family. I have family and friends in CO so I spend about 3 weeks a year out there

Last edited:

Shoreman

FNG
I grew up on the Eastern Shore in Chestertown and have been in CO for the past year. Don't have a whole lot to contribute as I am learning as well but at least I could be a local resource.

c.brown

FNG
Just found this post. I live in Silver Spring and planning a trip for OTC archery in CO with a buddy next year. I'll share anything I learn. Good to know there are others in the area.

OP
F
I will be happy to share or listen to anything any of you guys could offer. I know my main concern is the altitude. But, we've got some time to train and work. I've been tweaking my bow and shooting. Would be comfortable to hit a pie plate at 50 or 60. That would feel good

c.brown

FNG
Where do you shoot your bow? Anyone know of a decent range near Silver Spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
F
I got Tuscarora Archers around the corner but my family has some land we shoot on. Check out Gilbert's. It an indoor range, never shot there but it down silver spring way

MD Hunter

FNG
Hi everyone! I'm from Mount Airy and am new to the site. Planning on a few backpacking trips to Colorado then a elk hunt in 3 or 4 years.

c.brown

FNG
Thanks for the tip on Jefferson it looks like they're still an hour away. Got Draw, I found the range on University. Not a bad spot and the price is right. I'm game for meeting there. I'm out of commission for a few weeks but will let you know when I'm back at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maz

FNG
I live 5 miles south of Boonsboro in Rohrersville and have bow hunted Colorado, Montana and Wyoming for the past 20 years. Try to go every year depending on the luck of the draw. Heading to Oregon in September with my hunting partner, I'm along for the ride to call and hopefully pack meat .