Southwest Missouri Winter Backpacking

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
A few of us, some on here - some not, are spit-balling a trip. We're looking at mid-Jan or February. Once we have dates, we'll talk location. I'll keep y'all posted.

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
We settled on Sat./Sun., February 18/19. Probably going to end up making it a 3-day / 2-night trip by including Friday, as well. Looks like three of us for certain right now with two "maybes." No location settled yet, but it will be SW MO or NWA.

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Shit just got real. We've got 5 in "for sure" and another four "maybes."

Buffalo River Trail, Northwest Arkansas
Friday-Sunday, 17-19 February
Boxley to Kyle's Landing, 20 miles

PM for details of you're interested.

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
I know it's two weeks out and the weather can change a lot b/w now and then, but here's the extended forecast for Boxley. Like September in the high country!

ef8190924dc233f5e96b3db65da32869.jpg

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
We've got six people locked on for a two night, 20 mile trip. I can't believe it, haha! This is gonna be awesome!

rayporter

WKR
if i figure a way to get there i will contact you. i could make it a real honest to goodness party by packing in some beer and steaks.
if you are going to start at steel creek let me know.

i tore up a trailer axle last week it has me in a bind. still i would like to come. would you want me to tell someone else about the hike and see if they want to go or are you full up?

since i cant carry a load i would pack it in on a horse. slatey place is a possible meet up.
or you could hike down to the old barn and meet and camp there. i think it is arbaugh house. will check the map tonight.

there is water near slatey place. 2 ponds, one of which is a hog wallow and water between slatey place and steel creek on the high primitive trail.

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
This isn't a party-type trip. Just enjoying the country and solitude with good company and story-telling.

I'm not familiar with all the stops between Boxley and Kyle's Landing, can you recommend any good resources for that online?

I'm not going limit anyone joining us, by any means, but it's every man for himself. We have another three "maybes" at this point.

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Trip went well! Cut it short at the half-way point due to hamburger heels... trusted a boot I knew better than to trust. We day-hiked a little and camped a second night. Can't ask for better backpacking and camping company!