Any northern UT backpack hunters?

I'm doing archery and rifle hunts for deer and possibly elk in both Utah and Idaho next year. I'll do general hunts if I don't draw the tags I want. Still trying to harvest my first animal with a bow as well.

If anyone wants to scout and hunt let me know if you'd be interested. I try to get in as many backpacking/scouting trips as I can before the hunts start.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

OP
P
What units are you putting in for?
Cache archery deer, moose (cache or north slope), unit 73 rifle deer in Idaho, and I'm still deciding on which limited entry elk unit to put in for in Utah, but it will be rifle. If I don't draw moose or elk, I'll likely get a general muzzleloader or archery bull permit.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moose draw draws are slim I'd put every once of effort into it if you draw

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Dameon

WKR
I saw lots of nice mule deer while hunting for elk in Cache. Saw plenty of moose sign in the North Slope. I wish I had tags for either when I was there. Good luck to you and welcome to Rokslide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
As long as we draw my dad and I will be hunting the Ogden deer unit. Also OTC Archery any bull, most likely uintas. But I'm always up to get out and scout and learn with anyone!

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
Oh awesome. We're hoping to draw dedicated Hunter. So.. all of them haha. My dad actually moved up to Huntsville last year, so we're planning on hunting around there.

Am seeing this post just now, it is kind of late in the game for 2017. I would be interested in 2018.
I will be hunting archery elk and deer this year (first time doing archery). Once the extended archery season starts I planned on doing some solo outings, but would enjoy going out with some other people. I live in Davis county. Good luck during this hunting season.

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
Am seeing this post just now, it is kind of late in the game for 2017. I would be interested in 2018.
I will be hunting archery elk and deer this year (first time doing archery). Once the extended archery season starts I planned on doing some solo outings, but would enjoy going out with some other people. I live in Davis county. Good luck during this hunting season.

I'm also in Davis County, hoping to get on a bull for extended archery, let me know if you want to go sometime!