2017 Washington Rondy

OP
7mag.

7mag.

WKR
We usually, but not always, hike in and camp at a predetermined location. Some of us head in on Friday, some on Saturday. We compare gear, tell hunting stories, sit around the camp fire, and sometimes fish or shoot, depending on location. It's a good time, and we get to meet people with similar interests.

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in again but there's lots of snow and still coming 😔

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have snowshoes but I am new to the game. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have no suggestions and have never really used my snow shoes but I'm in if it works with my schedule.
I was thinking it would be cool to shoe up to government Meadows and do an overnighter at the cabin. I know there is a ton of snowmobiliers up there now but here when the snow starts to melt out they quit going real quick.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

semperfidelis97

Lil-Rokslider
We are new to snowshoeing as well. I guess a popular spot is just past evans creek up to mowich which might be a good one for some of us inexperienced folks. White pass resort is clearing out all of their old rental shoes for 45.00 if anyone's looking for a cheap set.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I'd prefer to avoid snowmobiles.

Lots of options on Rainier especially out of Paridise.

Salmon La Sac to Cooper Lk could work too. There'd be snowmobiles at the TH and at camp but not on the trail.

semperfidelis97

Lil-Rokslider
We could do the trails at paradise next weekend. If anyone's interested. They rent shoes there as well. Mazama ridge is only 6 miles round trip.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to be at the small game shoot in Sprague next weekend. Snowshoeing with my son's 4th grade class Friday though. Should be a good time.

OP
7mag.

7mag.

WKR
I am. My son and I will be hiking in somewhere for the weekend. Everyone is welcome.

It's certainly been one of those years. Still 97" of snow at Stevens pass. And still snowing. It's gonna have to be a low elevation hike this year :(.

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
Me and a couple buddies are planning on going depending where! Snow is receding rapidly here this week 😉