2017 Washington Rondy

OP
7mag.

7mag.

WKR
So from what I can find out without driving over there, the trail to Pete Lake is most likely not passable. I am planning on camping and fishing at Cooper Lake. There is a walk in, tent only campground there called Owhi Campground. If you park at the campground, there is a fee, I think it's around $5 per day. You could park at Salmon la Sac, and hike the Cooper River trail to the lake. I think it's about 4 miles, but I've never done it. I think you need a NW Forest Pass to park at Salmon la Sac. I'll be there during the day on Friday, with either a green GoLite teepee, or a Seek Outside Cimmaron. I hope to see lots of you guys there.

JayPee

FNG
That sounds good to me. I will plan on car camping.

Owhi currently isn't open so we will have to park on the road I believe and walk in. If it does open it's $14/night per site. I will plan on heading up Friday morning at some point

OP
7mag.

7mag.

WKR
Still not open? That's good, won't have to pay and less people to deal with. Bring your fishing pole.

We can still camp at Owhi, can't we?

JayPee

FNG
Still not open? That's good, won't have to pay and less people to deal with. Bring your fishing pole.

We can still camp at Owhi, can't we?

Yes, I see no reason we can't walk in and camp. It's probably real close to being open, just shows as closed still on the fs page

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
I won't be able to make this one as I'll be in Oregon shooing a 3D shoot you guys have a great time and I look forward to next year

OP
7mag.

7mag.

WKR
Too bad you can't make it , Jeep. I was looking forward to seeing you again. Good luck at your shoot.

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
Ken I'm super bummed to miss it and Ryan was wanting to go again too
I know a couple guys that might want to get a 2nd rondy going this year ? I will post more info as/if it develops

JayPee

FNG
Ok I'm packed up. Heading out early and going to do a small hike. Maybe head up towards Waptus a ways. Last report I saw had the road driveable all the way to Pete TH.

Looks like it might be a small group

OP
7mag.

7mag.

WKR
My apologies to anyone that tried to meet up with us this past weekend. The Forest Service decided to close the campground for maintenance and tree assessment. JayPee was already there, and they kicked him out and closed it for a week. My son and I met up with JayPee and we found a place to camp up the road a ways. We put a sign up, but nobody found us. We had a good time and caught a few fish.

We're planning a makeup trip in a few weeks if anyone is interested.

colersu22

WKR
The wife and I went up to Pete lake today. Road was completely clear to the TH, still about 6"-12" of snow on some parts of the trail and very muddy the majority of the way. I lost the trail right before the lake due to little tracks in the snow and never doing the hike before was not familiar with it. Overall a nice day for a hike with the wife and pup and got to watch a couple doe's when we had lunch at the lake.

Last edited:
OP
7mag.

7mag.

WKR
That's good to hear. I'm planning a makeup trip June 23-25, at Pete Lake. I'll start another thread.

colersu22

WKR
Anyone planning on doing this for 2018? I hiked Pete lake last weekend and it was all clear but lots of bugs in the beginning of the hike.