2017 Idaho hunt partner

frostop

FNG
Well, I tried this last year and well vehicle mechanical issues killed that plan. Did get out solo and got into a bull with a bunch of cows but being solo reduced my options a bit. Ended doing some scouting of some other areas and found a couple of options.

Elk hunting with a bow is my passion, but none of my normal elk hunting buddies have gotten the back country bug. So......I am looking for someone to spend the season in the woods with, preferably someone from the north Idaho region-I live just north of Coeur d'Alene. I have focussed on the salmon region but am open to ideas. Would like to meet up soon and plan some scouting trips and maybe mix in some bear/shed hunting trips.

Message me and we can meet and possibly put something together.

Gary

jmccartie

FNG
Hey Gary! I live about 20 min north of Sandpoint and am looking for a hunting partner too. DM me if you're still looking to get out.

hi2u

FNG
Im possibily looking to do an out of state hunt in Idaho.

Let me know if you guys would like another person. Having a hard time finding someone to go with

I am heading into Idaho for my fist hunt there as well.
I had a guy set to hunt with or at least come in, but he is saying things that lead me to believe he is gonna back out and just hunt the Utah hunt here with me.

I planned on a solo hunt at first anyway, but would be fine joining someone else as well. My wife would like that even more
lol

Here is my Hunt Plan:
Areas 29, 37,37A and 51 (Lemhi/Salmon/Chalis areas)
Back pack hunt
5-7 days
I have the redcliffe tipi and 18" stove
Only camera gear is GoPro on bow and camera of course- would like to document some of the hunt but I'm not on YouTube lol

My plan based on a lot of E scouting is to drive my vehicle to a safe place and then unload my Ranger side by side and drive in even further to some areas I marked and then hike from there to set up a camp and hopefully hunt within a couple miles from there.

I already purchased my tags for this area so I am locked in to this hunt
I will hunt Elk here in Utah for Aug and early Sept and then head to Idaho right before the peak of the rut around the 3rd weekend
Then come back to Utah and deer hunt.

I normally hunt above 10,000' so I am used to altitude and hiking, but am no Aron Snyder either

b0nes

Lil-Rokslider
Mfllood3800, I could care less either way because it's a stupid rule but you can't have any electronics attached to your rifle or bow in idaho, just a heads up.

I am heading into Idaho for my fist hunt there as well.
I had a guy set to hunt with or at least come in, but he is saying things that lead me to believe he is gonna back out and just hunt the Utah hunt here with me.

I planned on a solo hunt at first anyway, but would be fine joining someone else as well. My wife would like that even more
lol

Here is my Hunt Plan:
Areas 29, 37,37A and 51 (Lemhi/Salmon/Chalis areas)
Back pack hunt
5-7 days
I have the redcliffe tipi and 18" stove
Only camera gear is GoPro on bow and camera of course- would like to document some of the hunt but I'm not on YouTube lol

My plan based on a lot of E scouting is to drive my vehicle to a safe place and then unload my Ranger side by side and drive in even further to some areas I marked and then hike from there to set up a camp and hopefully hunt within a couple miles from there.

I already purchased my tags for this area so I am locked in to this hunt
I will hunt Elk here in Utah for Aug and early Sept and then head to Idaho right before the peak of the rut around the 3rd weekend
Then come back to Utah and deer hunt.

I normally hunt above 10,000' so I am used to altitude and hiking, but am no Aron Snyder either

I knew that law but didn't even put my Go Pro in as part of that- My Bad
Thx for the heads up
I'll have to wear it on my head

Thx again

johnsd16

WKR
I'm just getting settled in at our new place in Hayden. I'm not buying an elk tag this year since I won't have residency or adequate time to dedicate to finding a place of my own and full prep for dealing with a dead elk. I would be interested in helping out, and learning. I will have a deer tag here in the near future.

I plan to scout and get a tag next year for Palouse, or dworshak, and/or a panhandle tag as well. Maybe as a second tag just for the option to hunt close to home.

Shoot me a pm if you'd like to talk more or just BS to see what might be good.

OP
F

frostop

FNG
Well, this summer has kicked my ass with remodeling at the house and the loss of a family member, didn't have much of a chance to contact any of you and put any boots on the ground.

I have taken the last week of September off and gotten a tag for the Pioneer Zone which is where I was last year and planning on a solo trip again, If any of you want to join drop me a PM! I'll be on here paying attention!

Gary

Odie_7

FNG
It is almost time to update this to "2018 Idaho Hunt Partner". I'm in N. Idaho as well. By Salmon Region, do you mean units 21-37?