Who's from WI, where at?

Aurora Colorado since 2008 originally from Wiscons
I live in the Denver area now but grew up in Platteville and my wife's family lives up in Luck (South of Siren/Hayward, etc). I usually am back in Wisconsin during the weeks of July 4th and Christmas so if there is some workouts going on it would be cool to meet up with some folks... if it's within striking distance of those places.

Born/raised for 21 years there.
Small town in So Wisc called Milton, just north of Janesville.
My G-pa had a cabin in the North woods (Tomahawk, Minoqua).
We deer hunted up there when there weren't many deer. Never saw a bear either- but from what I hear both are doing much better.

My G-pa had a rule at the hunt cabin, actually several-
1. first hunter back, has to cook for the group
2. second hunter back has to do dishes (we had no running water, electricity or indoor plumbing)
3. third one back had to do fire watch all night

Needless to say, I learned to hunt all day every day from these 3 rules.
lol

Stilpr

Lil-Rokslider
Deforest here... would definitely be interested in loading up the pack if something got set up!

Carlin59

WKR
Grew up in the booming metropolis of Randolph, college in Madison, then the last 8 years in the Denver area. Best of both worlds in terms of hunting and fishing in CO and WI, still love going back home!

Bobbyboe

WKR
I’m from New Berlin. Between all my responsibilities, I try and make it out west once a year.

I really need to find a training routine. Devils Lake hikes sound interesting.

Cheesehead

Lil-Rokslider
Kenosha here. Elk hunting for the first time last year convinced me I need to up my exercise game. Devil’s lake hike sounds fun!

lcxctf2000

Lil-Rokslider
Madison here.

For anybody interested, I am hosting a Western Elk hunting get together at my bike shop on March 16th - Western Hunting Summit

Good chance to check out gear, ask questions, share knowledge and maybe even find training partners.

Went to school in DeForest for a while then moved up to Reedsburg, well Rock Springs. Lived in Baraboo for a while before moving west.

mudcat81

FNG
Rice Lake area for me. Originally from Central Nebraska but have lived in the Rice Lake area since 2011. I have a scouting trip out west coming up in June and will be starting the weighted pack training soon.

Last edited:

Fishhead

FNG
Rice Lake area for me. Originally from Central Nebraska but have lived in the Rice Lake area since 2011. I have a scouting trip out west coming up in June and will be starting the weighted pack training soon.

Lived and worked in the cumberland area about 10 years ago. Some great hunting and fishing in the area. Really miss living up there. Rice lake was the biggest town around and was where my wife worked. Is there still a dana's bar and grill down town? My wife was a waitress there for a couple of years. Great beer cheese soup...

mudcat81

FNG
Fishhead, I have not heard of Dana's bar and grill but there is a place called The Beer Cheese Bar and Grill. They have great Beer Cheese soup. I am still getting to know the area but it has a lot to offer in the way of outdoor activities. Beautiful country.

Fishhead

FNG
I think it's the same place... If you need any fishing spots let me know. I didn't spend alot time around rice lake but fished west of there in polk and barron counties. Haven't been there in a couple years.