Northern California Rondy

Veteran member Shackdaddy and I thought it would be cool to have a meet and greet of California members since there have been so many new ones lately . Just drumming up interest as of now and taking suggestions. We are both in the Central Valley so looking to keep it kinda close. We talked about a day meet up / hike or at an archery shoot. Looking at late May early June possibly leading to a pack in or camp out later on. Post up if interested suggestions and locations appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mod700

Lil-Rokslider
What area are you thinking?... might try and make it if it wasn't a long drive.. maybe meet and drive down w/some other northern ca. guys.
Mike

OP
Cant hit em
What area are you thinking?... might try and make it if it wasn't a long drive.. maybe meet and drive down w/some other northern ca. guys.
Mike

We have nothing set , we are going to get together and set it up once we find out if there is interest

colonel00

WKR
I'm in San Jose and have a bunch of my gear out here if anyone wants to check something specific out.

colonel00

WKR
Not sure. It's been 9 months so far. At another 2-3.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

willidru

WKR
I'd be interested, in Walnut Creek. Just depends on when and where tough to find time to get away right now.

OP
Cant hit em
Hell ya now we are rolling , feel free to put some ideas out . We have some ideas but are open to suggestions

Like Can't Hit em said, we are open for suggestions on a location or type of event we want to have. Just looking for a good time and get to know our California back country hunters better.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
Opening day of trout coming up. It would be cool to due a day hike to a good trout stream or an over night trip. Bubblehide put on a great rondy last yr for southern california hunters. Didnt make the trip but from what i understand it was a great trip. I think they did a 3 day hike into the golden wilderness for golden trout. Thats about 5 or 6 hrs from central which is a tad to far i beileve but i liked the idea. Im curious on what gear everyone is using here and how they are using it. A day meet and greet would probably be the place to start but youll have guys drive 2 or 3 hrs is some cases and the day thing might not intrest them. Maybe a meet up to plan a 2 or 3 night trip into the backcountry. Not sure just throwing out ideas.

OP
Cant hit em
Opening day of trout coming up. It would be cool to due a day hike to a good trout stream or an over night trip. Bubblehide put on a great rondy last yr for southern california hunters. Didnt make the trip but from what i understand it was a great trip. I think they did a 3 day hike into the golden wilderness for golden trout. Thats about 5 or 6 hrs from central which is a tad to far i beileve but i liked the idea. Im curious on what gear everyone is using here and how they are using it. A day meet and greet would probably be the place to start but youll have guys drive 2 or 3 hrs is some cases and the day thing might not intrest them. Maybe a meet up to plan a 2 or 3 night trip into the backcountry. Not sure just throwing out ideas.

Great idea and one we were talking about only thing we were hesitant on is theres like triple the amount of snow, great idea i like it

colonel00

WKR
Fishing would be cool. I've got some Tenkara rods with me that are collecting dust. Also, if anyone wants to check one out and we are by water, I have a PR-49 we can play with.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
I was up 108 last week for a quick shed hunt and the snow levels about 4500. If it stays like this we shouldn't have a problem other then fast moving water. Which can be a pain in the ass but i do see rain in the forecast so who knows what will happen by then.