Question for my Missouri brothers

chrislane

FNG
Where can a guy wilderness camp and have good fishing? I am thinking about Council Bluff Lake but things are tight right now so if I can find something similar in the National Forest for free that would help. I'm planning 7/19-7/22.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Most everything will be in southern Missouri. The mark Twain national Forest has alot of trails. I've personally done the paddy Creek wilderness and big piney trail. Both are worth a visit.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

woodson

FNG
Hard to beat a canoe trip on the Upper Current River and/or Jack's Fork River in Shannon County in the Ozark National Scenic Riverways in June/July. It is all public land and you can get a canoe rental company to drop you off, canoe down river, camp overnight on a sand bar, and fish for smallmouth and in some stretches trout along the way. There are also newly completed sections of the Ozark Trail in this area which will eventually run through Missouri and Arkansas when finished.

I like Jadwin Canoe for the Upper Current, and Harvey's Alley Spring Canoe Rental for The Jacks Fork.

I've probably done these trips 15 times over the last 20 years.

Current River, Canoeing Eminence Missouri Float Trips, Jacks Fork River, Harvey's Alley Spring Canoe Rental
Current River Canoe, Raft, Kayak and Tube Float Trips and Camping in Missouri

Brianr

FNG
Just did this trip last weekend. We floated 25 miles of the current river below Montauk are awesome and takes about 3 days with lots of stops for fishing.